Monsters Aliens Robots Zombies - MARZ
Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)
Animation Technical Artist
Who we are
We are “Monsters / Aliens / Robots / Zombies” (MARZ). We are a Technology & VFX studio based out of Toronto, ON, Canada, offering feature-film quality VFX on TV timelines. We launched in 2018, and have had the privilege of working on a wide range of projects such as WandaVision (Disney+), The Boys (Amazon Prime), Watchmen (HBO), The Walking Dead (AMC), What We Do In The Shadows (FX), The Umbrella Academy (Netflix), Invasion (Apple TV), and many more!
Who we need
We are looking to add a talented Animation Technical Artist (TA) to our dynamic, growing, and passionate Technology team, and we are open for this person to work remotely. This is a contract role, and responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Animation Supervisor to optimize Animation setups in order to reduce render time and increase fidelity
- Working at various stages of our VFX pipeline(s)
- Debugging problematic scenes and helping develop solutions/workarounds
- Educating department and delivering training on proper technical workflows and processes rolled out by Technology and Central Production
- Creating and updating documentation about developed tools and workflows on the wiki and various other channels
- Assisting Department Supervisor with departmental work
- Staying on schedule and meeting set deadlines while maintaining the highest levels of quality
- Ongoing communication with Technology, Production and Department Sups. regarding schedules and deadlines
- Other duties as required, including wrangling assets or elements of a shot from another department to ensure shots are completed to schedule
What you bring
We are looking for an Animation TA with the following experience and skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Visualization, Computer Animation, or a similar discipline, or commensurate work experience
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, ShotGrid and Deadline
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with Maya
- Demonstrable knowledge of Nuke or a similar compositing package
- Excellent organization, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail and aptitude for problem solving
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining high-quality results
- The ability to work successfully as part of a team as well as independently
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable whilst working within a pre-set workflow or pipeline, but also the creativity and problem solving skills to work around issues
- Experience with render software such as Deadline
- A working knowledge of Redshift, Renderman, Arnold, or a similar production renderer
- A demonstrable understanding of Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Basic knowledge of Python scripting is an asset, but not required
What happens next
After we receive your application, it will be reviewed by the Talent Acquisition team and the Hiring Manager. We will then invite successful candidates to a Technical Interview (~60 mins), and then a Final Interview with members of our Leadership team (~60 mins). All interviews are conducted via Google Meet. This process is subject to change at any time, but will follow as close to the above as possible at all times.
MARZ is a Technology & VFX company on a mission to help Hollywood studios push the boundaries, quality, and volume of TV content by delivering feature-film quality VFX on TV timelines. MARZ does this by harnessing proprietary AI software, GPU clusters, game engine technology, and world-class industry talent. Leveraging these pillars allows MARZ to consistently execute high volumes of shots with both speed and quality for our premium TV projects.
At MARZ, we are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and does not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable employment accommodations as per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
We will also look to provide reasonable accommodations as required for applicants to participate in the application and interview processes. Please let us know if you require any accommodation(s).
We can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, via the Contact Us page on our company website, or via phone at +1 (416it) 840-5556. Please note that we cannot accept general applications via any of these contact methods; they are specifically for providing support and/or accommodations to those who require such assistance.
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
|Location:||Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)|
|Posted:||Jul 14, 2022|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|