Eastlink is a family owned, entrepreneurial and innovative company headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We take great pride in being a leader in delivering creative competitive, customer focused telecommunications solutions, and connecting our customers to the things and people that matter most. Serving a customer base across seven provinces, our advanced solutions include Internet, Mobile, TV, Telephone, Security and Automation, Data Communications and exclusive locally produced programming on Eastlink Community TV.
We embrace diversity, inclusion, equity and accessibility throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
- Assure the proper operation of the production facilities in assigned regions
- Operation of all production equipment.
- Proper mechanical operation, maintenance and presentation of vehicles.
- Ensure mobile is fully equipped with consumables.
- Ensure all facilities are properly maintained and organized.
- Recommend any modifications, and implement as directed.
- Preparedness for emergency /backup proposes.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
- Contribute to new equipment evaluation.
- Perform Technical Producer crewing duties when required.
- Perform audio mixing duties as assigned.
- Operational understanding of all production equipment.
- Ensure compliance, and take leading role, in Health and Safety Standards.
- Perform production duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Technical school graduate and/or
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a related field.
- Computer maintenance and networking skills an asset.
- Core Competencies: Customer Service, Teamwork and Collaboration, Adaptability and Initiative.
- Role Specific Competencies: Technical, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to adapt quickly to changing technology and trends.
- Computer skills.
- Excellent understanding of Television signals.
- Passion for technology.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Flexibility with hours.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, handle pressure, and be flexible.
- Evaluation and recommendations of faulty equipment made in a timely fashion.
- Ability to test and install equipment in a timely fashion
- Ability to train on new equipment.
- Flexibility to work days, evenings and weekends.
- Flexibility in work schedules dependent on live event coverage.
- Willingness to be on call after working hours.
- This position involves physical exertion, for example; must be able to lift heavy – 20 kilos – objects, safety adherence and work involving varied weather conditions.
The successful candidate must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 upon hire, subject to Federal Human rights law.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team “on the ground” not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Get your career started with us and stay with us, your journey begins here!
5830 Bilby Street
Halifax, NS, CA
|Posted:||Jul 18, 2022|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)