Vista Radio Ltd.
MORNING SHOW HOST – CASTLEGAR BC
Vista Radio has an immediate opening for an Afternoon Host based in Castlegar, BC. Live, work, and play in the heart of the Kootenays, British Columbia’s Mountain playground! If you have always wanted to live in an area where skiing, hiking, biking and fishing are all in your back yard, with some of the best powder on some of the most picturesque mountain in BC, and breathe the mountain air everyday, this your next big break!
Vista Radio prides itself on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to its community involvement. Vista Radio is privileged to operate 43 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 70+ transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories. We are also well connected to our communities with 35 MyTownNow websites.
If you are looking for a career that offers challenging work, long-term growth potential and the chance to make a real difference, join our team. With more than 250 employees our team is passionately dedicated to their communities and is committed to generating exceptional local radio.
- Host an interactive and engaging Afternoon show from 2pm - 6pm, Monday through Friday
- Be a part of the community, live, work and play here
- Be a storyteller with creative, compelling content
- Create and execute promotions; make promotional appearances
- Be committed to attending regular airchecks
- Contribute to station social media pages and websites
- Be an ambassador for the Radio Station everywhere you go
- Voice tracking additional shifts for other dayparts or stations as required
- Voicing commercials for Vista properties as needed
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Minimum 1 year of radio experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge with G-Selector or similar music scheduling software
- Ability to relate to the local target audience
- Strong teamwork & collaboration, able to take direction and coaching
- Is calm under pressure of deadlines
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- High level of initiative/self-motivation, goal-oriented
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach around the office and at events
Apply online through our Vista Career Opportunity Portal @ www.vistaradio.ca or EMAIL your unique resume and cover letter to Sheldon Button – email@example.com. Please attach an MP3 demo or include a link to a Soundcloud/YouTube audio demo with your application.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals
Vista Radio Ltd.
101-2032 Columbia Avenue
Castlegar, BC, CA
|Posted:||Jul 27, 2022|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|