Senior Production Accountant
Work with Us
Snowball Studios is a growing, dynamic Animation company that takes pride in our commitment to our employees and their development. We know that in order to be successful, we must create a place where you can flourish. Come . . . join us in building a great future and a great you.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY: Senior Production Accountant
Reports to: Vice President, Finance
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent, Hybrid position with 1-2 days a week in the office.
Compensation: Competitive Base Salary, Benefits, Paid Vacation, and Personal Days.
Email resumes to: Nicoled@snowballstudios.ca
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor production budgets, analyze costs and expenditures, prepare, and maintain cost reports both internal and for external clients
- Process bi-weekly non-union production payroll
- Manage production petty cash and AP processes
- Process intercompany bill-backs
- Reconcile and analyze balance sheet accounts
- Prepare financial month end close and daily accounting activity
- Calculate CAVCO, OPSTC, OFFTC, and OCASE tax credits
- Provide support and documentation for tax credit and funding applications
- Compile information for production company audits and yearly financial audit
- Prepare and Review HST returns
- Book journal entries
- Preparation of ad hoc production company financial analysis as requested by management
- Prepare production company information for inclusion in quarterly reporting
- Provide support and coordination (with corporate finance and legal) to set up greenlit productions, including legal entities, bank accounts, Canadian tax registration, etc.
Educational /Technical Experience:
- Minimum 5+ years in a production accounting or senior accounting role desired
- An accounting designation, CPA or CA or schooling towards an accounting designation is preferred.
- Must have intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Previous experience with media, film or television Production Accounting is an asset
- Strong experience with managing production budgets, cash flows, and tax credit audit experience is an asset.
- Working Knowledge of the ESA, WSIB, EHT, and non-union payroll processing preferred.
- Knowledge of CAVCO, OCASE and OPSTC Tax credits is an asset.
- Previous experience with multi-company/projects is an asset.
- Must have strong organizational skills, time management skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and a strong attention to detail
- Self-confidence, self-starter, ability to multi-task, and think on your feet
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills at all levels (both verbal and written)
- Exceptional level of discretion and judgement with demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Proven record of integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality at the highest levels
- Professional, positive, and friendly manner
- Adaptability and ability to learn quickly
Snowball Studios is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. The Studio is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age and to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian's with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please let the HR representative know.
This posting is open to anyone who thinks their skillset would be worthwhile to our ever-growing and expanding company. We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
213 Sterling Road, Suite 100
Toronto, ON, CA
|Tags:||Film, Video, Animation|
|Posted:||Jul 31, 2022|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|