US News & World Report
Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)
Job Title: Editor, International
U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our “Best” series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
We believe in having a broad range of talent and backgrounds at U.S. News. We strive to maintain a welcoming workplace where everyone is given an opportunity to succeed and contribute to their fullest. Learn more about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. In this position you will leverage your strengths and skills to impact the next generation of U.S. News as we expand internationally. This role will work closely with a diverse, multifunctional team with the goal to reach new audiences and consumers.
You’ll be responsible for our Canadian content strategy in the money space, which includes personal finance, investing, credit cards, loans and banking. You’ll manage our content calendar, recruit and manage freelance writers in Canada, develop a content strategy to reach this audience, edit articles and use analytics tools to monitor performance of our content.
Creating localized content is of the utmost importance to the success of international expansion. You will be responsible for managing the writers and shaping the content that lives within multiple areas of our business.
Are you up to the challenge?
- You should be a nimble editor who is skilled at juggling several assignments at once; comfortable working independently and as part of a larger team.
- As part of the job, you’ll assign, edit and update personal finance-related advice articles for flow, consistency, tone, audience, brevity and accuracy. You will also optimize articles using search engine optimization tools and best practices. Responsibilities include fact-checking.
- The position involves working closely with an enthusiastic, highly collaborative team of editors in a fast-paced digital environment.
- The position involves sourcing and managing writers with expertise in specific areas of coverage.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.
You should definitely have:
- Experience working with the following Money categories in Canada: personal finance; credit cards; loans - personal, student, mortgages; investing.
- Experience recruiting and managing a team of freelance writers in Canada.
- Experience working across all provinces of Canada (anglophone and francophone).
- 5+ years of professional editing experience at a media company.
- Experience managing editorial calendars.
- Strong copy-editing skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Experience employing SEO best practices; analyzing competition and industry trends.
- Experience analyzing data and incorporating data into content.
- Ability to edit content for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
- Experience editing in a content management system.
- Expertise and prior experience using AP style.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve content and better engage our audience.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams.
- Journalism or related degree or equivalent experience.
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience working for and with companies in the U.S. and Canada.
- Experience with project management.
- Experience covering personal finance, credit cards, loans or investing.
- A network of freelance writer contacts and experience onboarding freelancers.
- Experience using Google Docs and Sheets.
- Familiarity with SEMRush.
- Experience with traffic analytics tools like Google Analytics.
- Strong familiarity with U.S. News content and voice.
What it’s like to work with us:
Talent is our best asset!
We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity.
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth.
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training.
- Collaborative Work Environment ~ fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers.
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, the Company will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
- Can be based in the U.S. or Canada
|Location:||Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)|
|Tags:||Editor, SEO, AP Style, Writing, Copy Writing|
|Posted:||Sep 07, 2022|