Toronto Outdoor Art Fair
Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)
Marketing & Programming Coordinator
Hours: Full-time (3-month probation period)
Start Date: November 14, 2022
Salary & Benefits: $45,000 Annually
- $1,000 Annual Health Spending Account
- 10-days vacation time + paid break between Christmas and New Year’s Day
Deadline to Apply: Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled
About the Role and Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an agile and savvy coordinator who is passionate about working on bringing free public programming to art lovers and new audiences.
TOAF has a robust offering of free digital and in-person public programs for art lovers of all ages, including studio tours, artist chats, kids workshops, dance and musical performances, and art installations during the 10-day Online Art Fair and 3-day annual event at Nathan Phillips Square.
Our ideal candidate is a natural orchestrator and connector at heart. You are well-versed in the nuances of concurrently coordinating program deliverables with many artists and stakeholders through superb planning and welcoming communication. You thrive in drawing and engaging audiences to experience and connect with artists and their works.
In this position, you will gather and write program content for the website, newsletters, social media, marketing channels, Fair signage and Fair Guide. Ideally, you love great design and visual details and possess an impeccable taste for image selections that draw attention and create excitement for our programs.
The tools in your toolbox include Google Ads, Google Analytics, Mailchimp and social media reach metrics that help you monitor traffic to grow online and in-person audiences. You are comfortable using Adobe In-Design, and Photoshop for annual reports, social graphics and website content management. You are invested in brand integrity and visual cohesiveness. Pixel pushing is allowed in this position :-)
A fast-paced environment and large-scale events bring out the best in you. You keep calm and collected under pressure. Critical paths, efficient lists and exceptional listening skills are your best friends for owning your portfolio. You thrive working collaboratively with a small team and amazing cultural partners to create a lasting impact in the community we serve.
If you check 85% (or all) of the boxes above, we want to hear from you.
These are the must-have skills:
- 2+ years of experience in marketing, working in cultural events and program delivery
- An owner who possesses an agile attitude and superior attention to details
- Excellent English writing skills for content creation and proofreading
- Familiarity with WordPress or basic web editing knowledge, SEO, analytics, Google Ads
- Proficient with Google Workspace, Adobe Photoshop and In-design
- Proficient in Instagram (Reels & stories), Facebook algorithms and digital ads
- Comfortable with public speaking and appearing on video and public programs
These are the nice-to-have skills:
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing, Communications, or Event Planning; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Experience working in not-for-profit organizations, events or visual arts centres
- Experience in graphic design and/or developing marketing materials
- Experience in supporting in-person and digital event accessibility
- Familiarity with digital event tools (Zoom, Instagram Live, Video Captioning Tools etc.)
- Knowledge of the goals and activities of TOAF
Location and Hours
We have opted for a hybrid model: We work approximately 3 days a week at TOAF Office (401 Richmond Street West, Toronto) and complete the rest of the work remotely using Zoom and Slack to stay in touch. The frequency of in-person work and meetings will increase as we get closer to the in-person event in July.
You need to be available for some evenings and weekends (Approximately: 1 Saturday in May for Booth Camp, 1 weekday evening in June for the launch event and one week before/during the event July TBC, 2023)
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing & Programming Coordinator” in the subject line and include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter (max. one page) addressed to anahita azrahimi, Executive & Creative Director, that addresses why you would like to work for TOAF and illustrates how your skills, knowledge and experience match the duties and qualifications
- Three writing samples: blog, Instagram post, newsletter
- Applicants selected for an interview will be required to provide 2 work references with current contact information.
|Category:||Advertising / Marketing|
|Location:||Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)|
|Posted:||Oct 19, 2022|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|