International Sales and Licensing Manager
Guru Studio is a creative-driven entertainment company and an industry leader in animated storytelling. For over twenty years, our studio has brought to life some of the most recognizable and beloved children's properties in the world. We're always looking for passionate and committed talent, so come join our dynamic and growing team!
Guru is proud to offer our team members meaningful learning and developmental opportunities! You will work alongside a wide range of talent in a positive and supportive environment where we want to see success in each individual.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic International Sales and Licensing Manager with Content Sales and Brand Licensing experience to join and grow with our team!
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
Sales and Licensing
- 2-3 years of content sales experience and/or coordinator duties in international content distribution and brand licensing in the children's animation business
Managing the complete sales cycle in specific territories / regions from a 360-degree content sales and licensing perspective as per direction from leadership
- Leading agreements from pitch to follow up to negotiation to close, to delivery of materials and invoicing
- Managing communications with Guru's worldwide slate of Licensing Agents, Publishers and Master Toy Partners
- Understanding of rights management and ability to input contractual information into Guru's Rights Management system / MyMediaBox
- Applicants with direct brand licensing and content sales experience will merit strong consideration
- Experience and education in the animation / television production industry is also a plus
- Clearly communicated passion to build animation brands from a 360-degree licensing and media perspective
- New lead generation, research and outreach, introductory calls where directed
- Managing all data in Guru's Salesforce CRM database
- Tracking all sales opportunities, creating reports per direction from sales leadership, inputting and updating all company and contact records, invoices, reports and all other metadata as needed to be tracked in Salesforce
- Perform clerical duties such as filing, invoice tracking, cheque requests, updating sales documents
- Content and Licensing Royalty reporting & tracking (inbound & outbound)
- Organize files and maintain contact database
- Monthly and weekly sales report generation
Travel / Event Duties
- Trip/Market support; working with external clients to coordinate schedules for business trips, industry markets and film festivals
- Creating client hitlists for market reach outs based on direction from sales team
- Arrange complex travel and accommodations, compile documents for travel-related meetings
- Attend internal and external meetings and take comprehensive notes to be shared with meeting participants and saved in Salesforce
- Account management of all existing content and licensing partners:
- Responsible for sending and delivering support materials to broadcasting and licensing partners with a careful and client-first mentality
- Managing (email & phone) correspondence throughout evaluation/negotiation process for new partnerships
- Work directly with marketing to ensure show materials are designed, prepped and reviewed with sales team
- Liaise with accounting, legal & business affairs, marketing and post-production to ensure contracts and deliverables are managed appropriately
- Overall positively motivated attitude
- Manage multiple projects
- Sound judgment
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and G Suite
- Understanding of digital video workflow
Why Join Guru Studio?
- We create a collaborative and creatively fulfilling work environment by promoting courage, purpose, inspiration, integrity, transparency, and empowerment as our core values
- We take great pride in our work and we always ensure it reflects a high standard of quality and creativity
- We encourage individuals to grow with us by offering learning opportunities that encourage skill development and growth
- We are proud to support philanthropic initiatives that support our local and global community through our charity committee Guru Gives
- We offer health and wellness support through an extensive benefits plan and extended mental health services and initiatives
- We allow the flexibility to work remotely while making our downtown studio available for in-person team building and collaboration
Guru is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that celebrates the diversity of its employees. We are dedicated to employment equity and welcome applications from people from all Indigenous groups, races, religions, genders and people with disabilities.
We are committed to providing an accessible candidate experience during our recruitment process and are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where candidates and employees feel valued and respected. Guru strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed in the recruitment process as all other candidates. If you have a disability, you may request to be accommodated at any time. Guru will work with all candidates to accommodate individual accessibility needs to the point of undue hardship.
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Oct 31, 2022|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)