As North America’s premier street lighting infrastructure company, we have been the industry leader for over 60 years, specializing in spun concrete poles, metal poles and outdoor decorative LED lighting. However, StressCrete Group is more than just lights and poles, we are forming the foundation for the smart cities of tomorrow, by integrating 5G Telecommunications equipment and EV chargers into our existing products. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, with facilities across North America and over 450 employees, we have grown steadily and are continuing this growth with a dynamic that stays true to our family culture and values. We are a family business that operates by the core values of honesty, integrity, compassion and respect- our purpose is to better the lives of our employees, their families, our customers and the communities we service.
What makes us different
Culture, opportunity and growth. Our open and respectful culture allows for access to management from all levels. We have an aggressive growth strategy and provide a challenging environment; and in return you will be provided with the opportunity to take your career to new heights.
We currently have an opening in our Burlington, ON office for a highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic to join our finance team in the role of Controller. The ideal candidate will be results driven, well-organized and professional, with a proactive approach to their work. This role is instrumental in supporting the manufacturing operations in the finance function. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to work with the local operations and larger finance team to improve processes and to grow within a company. This is a mid-level position with a salaried pay structure.
- Manage the full cycle accounting functions including, cash management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory and payroll
- Performing month-end close process and reporting tasks including variance analyses
- Oversight of inventory counts and completing reconciliations
- Managing year-end compliance reviews
- Management of the collection of accounts receivable and the subsequent cash application
- Oversight of all accounts payable for the facilities and working with procurement
- Processing customer credit applications
- Completing invoicing where required
- Complete monthly government reporting and remittances for sales/corporate taxes
- Continuous opportunity to improve processes and efficiencies
- Interacting with management, customers, and vendors
- Perform additional tasks as required by the needs of the company
- Post secondary education with a business accounting focus
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience is an asset
- Proven ability to lead accounting processes and functions
- Accounting systems experience is an asset
- Proven ability to manage employees and navigate employee concerns
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret financial results and deliver process improvements
· Demonstrated ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent time management skills, and work with high levels of autonomy and self-direction
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
This Job is for You if
You are looking to work in a non-corporate family environment, where your efforts are rewarded and appreciated across the company. We have a flat organizational structure allowing you to have the opportunity to interact one-on-one with company executives, influence strategic decisions and present your ideas to management and company executives. We are looking for you to have a lifelong, challenging career with us where there is no limit for growth opportunities. We are looking for the future leaders of our company - the only limit to your growth are the limits you put on yourself.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in MS Word or pdf format. Be sure to reference ‘Controller – StressCrete Burlington’ in the subject line and include salary expectations in the body of the email. No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burlington, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (preferred)
Burlington, ON, CA
|Posted:||Nov 01, 2022|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)