Finance Assoc Analyst
PepsiCo Canada employs nearly 10,000 Canadians and is organized into two business units - PepsiCo Beverages Canada, which includes brands such as Pepsi, Gatorade and Tropicana; and PepsiCo Foods Canada, which includes Frito Lay Canada and Quaker foods & snacks. PepsiCo Canada, in turn, belongs to the global PepsiCo, Inc., family.
At PepsiCo Canada, we're committed to achieving business and financial success while leaving a positive imprint on society - delivering what we call Performance with Purpose. Performance with Purpose is at the heart of every aspect of our business.
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that PepsiCo Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
PepsiCo is an Employer of Choice:
- Opportunity to work for a Tier 1 global organization company with Billion Dollar Brands
- One of Canada's Top 100 Employers
- We take people development seriously offering career growth opportunities through robust full cycle career planning, talent development programs, challenging and rewarding assignments nationally and internationally
- Work within a fast paced ever evolving business, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds, experiences and needs
- Participation in our competitive Total Rewards Program
The Controller team within PepsiCo Foods Canada is a group focused on providing financial stewardship and strategic partnerships, enabling strong controls focus and effective financial reporting.
Working as an integral part of the Financial Reporting team, the Financial Reporting Analyst position is responsible to provide key financial insight to corporate head offices, senior management, and field stakeholders on internal and external financial reporting including balance sheet and P&L analysis within a multi-divisional GL structure. The Financial Reporting Analyst also contributes to and executes initiatives to improve the processes, procedures and tools utilized by the team.
Success in this role will require results-driven behavior, solid organizational skills, intellectual curiosity, analytical thinking, technical strength and the ability work both independently or as part of a team.
This individual will be responsible for the following items with focus on the Frito Lay Foods & Snacks reporting unit:
- External reporting of P&L, Balance Sheet, and Other Supporting Schedules;
- Compiling and analyzing information for monthly financial close process;
- Leading & Coordinating Balance Sheet Review on Quarterly basis;
- Providing direction and ensuring balance sheet account reconciliations are completed on a timely basis;
- Preparation of Annual tax packages;
- Managing, accounting and reporting for different commodity hedging programs;
- Ensuring compliance with SOX requirements;
- Submission of financials in Hyperion; leveraging Smartview for financial reporting, data validation and analysis; and
- Ad Hoc projects
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and Proficiency in Excel required
- Excellent analytical and strong communication skills
- Experience using HFM, Oracle and MFGPro a plus
- Ability to work independently handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Aptitude to work with outsources service partners and drive process improvements
- Aptitude to quickly analyze data, assess issues and risks and propose recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
- Pursuing Accounting designation
Cambridge, ON, CA
|Posted:||Nov 01, 2022|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)