Blackburn Media Inc.
Radio Broadcast Engineer (Windsor ON)
Blackburn Media Inc. has an exciting opportunity for the right person to work and live in Windsor, Ontario – the 16th largest market in Canada with great weather and conveniences anyone would enjoy. From sports to arts and entertainment, experience the best of both worlds in one of Canada’s premier border cities. Windsor, Ontario affords one the opportunity to experience both cultures of Canada and the United States effortlessly.
If you are a highly motivated, self-driven person who can prioritize your own workflow while attending to day-to-day engineering matters, we want to connect with you!
Blackburn Media is a family-owned media company that operates thirteen local radio stations in some great communities throughout Southwestern Ontario. This permanent, full-time position comes with benefits as well as a company pension and company vehicle.
- Repair and maintenance of FM and AM radio transmitters, and antenna systems.
- Repair and maintenance of audio consoles, and all broadcast related equipment.
- Maintenance of Wheatstone AoIP audio distribution system.
- Maintenance of computer hardware/software, servers, and networks.
- Design, installation and documentation of new computer/audio/transmitter systems.
- Flexible schedule and 24 hour on-call response for emergencies.
- Work week will be split between Windsor and Leamington offices, as well as travel to four transmitter sites across Essex County.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as radio broadcast engineer.
- Knowledge and experience with FM and AM transmission systems.
- Knowledge and experience with networking in a windows environment, computer hardware, software, LAN, WAN, VPN, and AoIP networks.
- Experience with WatchGuard Firewalls, Ubiquiti Wireless, and VLANs is an asset.
- Experience with Wheatnet AoIP systems, OMT MediaTouch, KLZ Newsroom, SDS and other radio-specific software is an asset.
- MUST have initiative, excellent organizational and multitasking skills. Be eager to learn, be flexible, and be willing to help co-workers where required.
- MUST have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- MUST have excellent troubleshooting skills, and ability to multi-task a variety of functions while prioritizing your own workload.
- Management skills, including budgeting are an asset.
- Ability and willingness to work outside in all climates.
- Valid Class G license (clean driver’s abstract will be required).
Send resume outlining education and work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. To route your application to the appropriate recruiting team, please use the subject “Windsor/Essex Engineer” in your email.
Blackburn Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace. We are committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourage applications from qualified individuals and genders, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the recruitment process on a confidential basis.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Blackburn Media Inc.
2090 Wyandotte St. E
Windsor, ON, CA
|Posted:||Nov 06, 2022|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|