The Application Deadline for this job posting is coming soon. Apply by Dec 12, 2022!
Boat Rocker Media
Director of Production Finance
Boat Rocker is an independent, integrated global entertainment company that harnesses the power of creativity?and commerce to tell stories?and build iconic?brands for audiences around the world. We create and produce television and film content across all major genres, distribute thousands of hours of content worldwide (both our own and a represented third-party library), and represent leading on-screen talent and celebrities. Boat Rocker is a public company that trades on the TSX under the ticker: BRMI.
The Role: The Director, Production Finance will be responsible for providing best-in-class accounting and related processes and procedures to support the core business operations of the Company. This is a maternity leave contract with the potential to go longer.
- Prepare tax credit estimates for Scripted, Non-Scripted and Animation projects
- Review and manage loan drawdown requests from production accountants throughout production cycle
- Preparation of year-end files for production audits and submission of final tax credit claims
- Prepare files for audits or review engagements of Digital projects
- Review and book year-end adjustments for the production audits
- Manage CRA audit process, including review of audit proposal letters for CRA audits
- Work with both external auditors and CRA auditors to address any inquiries or information requests for year-end
- Prepare and issue invoices to broadcasters, distributors and Equity Investors in accordance with contracts, and follow up as needed for collectability
- Assist with preparing deliverables for final payments for development projects and greenlight projects (Canada Media Fund and Equity Investors)
- Review production trial balances for monthly and quarterly reporting purposes with strong focus on reconciling items, especially intercompany balances
- Prepare month end closing entries and corporate accruals such as related party and tax credits
- Invoice and maintain schedules for related party and tax credits for each legal entity
- Prepare revenue recognition entries with appropriate back up for production service shows and Canadian content shows
- Monitor the investment in asset account for various entities and related entries impacting amortization
- Map trial balances from Smart Accounting to the corporate ERP system on a monthly basis to migrate data
- Prepare journal entries to the various production accountants for hedge entries and tax credit receipts
- Managing staff and reviewing the tax credits working papers for the animation business unit
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships across Finance, Operations, Business Affairs, Distribution and Production to provide support in identifying and developing appropriate financial solutions to any operational issues.
Experience & Qualifications
- Professional accounting designation (CPA).
- 5+ years’ progressive experience, gained in public accounting and/or a combination of public accounting and industry.
- Proven track record of building strong, productive relationships and establishing credibility both internally and externally.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and overall computer skills.
- Media & Entertainment industry experience
- Experience with Smart Accounting and Netsuite are a strong asset
- Dynamic, proactive and energetic, with solid values and ethics.
- Self-starter, willing to roll up his/her sleeves and looking to grow with an expanding organization.
- Strong, confident and persuasive communication skills, both orally and written, with the ability to present and communicate ideas and concepts at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish credibility, respect and strong relationships with a broad range of diverse internal business partners, to facilitate the attainment of business results.
- Team player, good motivator, creative problem-solver and a high achiever.
- Ability to think strategically with strong project management, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Aptitude to take on increased responsibility within the organization in the future.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple priorities and consistently meet deadlines under pressure.
- Adaptable and flexible, and able to operate effectively within a fast-paced, evolving, entrepreneurial organization.
Why Boat Rocker?
- Boat Rocker is the home for creative visionaries. You’ll work with a team of passionate, creative and fun individuals who have a passion for stories and storytelling
- Competitive salary along with a comprehensive healthcare and dental benefits package, including access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Close proximity to downtown; easily accessible by public transportation and DVP
- Support for your career progression through opportunities for learning and development, including access to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) learning via our DEI partner, The Canadian Centre for Diversity & Inclusion
- Summer hours and additional time off during the winter holidays
- Hybrid work environment
- Opportunities to connect with teammates across the company both virtually and in-person through various team-building events and activities
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified people, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Boat Rocker Media
310 King St. E
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Nov 09, 2022|
|Closing:||Dec 12, 2022|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)