Blue Ant Media
Work From Home / Remote, AP
Business Affairs Manager Production Funding
Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. We own and operate numerous production companies in North America and Asia-Pacific, creating content for broadcasters and streaming platforms in multiple genres including factual entertainment, natural history, documentary and adult animation. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a substantial catalogue of content, including one of the world's largest 4K natural history offerings. Blue Ant Media operates linear and free streaming channels under several brands including Love Nature, Smithsonian Channel (Canada), BBC Earth (Canada), BBC First (Canada), HauntTV, Homeful, CrimeTime, TotalCrime and HistoryTime. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with eight international offices in Los Angeles, New York, Singapore, Tokyo, London, Washington, Mumbai and Beijing.
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values: optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Business Affairs Manager, Production Funding
The Legal & Business Affairs team in our Toronto office is looking for a Business Affairs Manager, Production Funding, reporting to the Senior Director, Business Affairs, Content and Production Financing. The role will work across Blue Ant Media’s various business lines, assisting with funding and business affairs matters on Blue Ant’s numerous film, television, animation, and digital productions as well supporting the Global Media and International Distribution businesses. This is fast-paced environment where every day is different and brings new tasks and duties.
We are seeking a creative problem solver with a keen interest in the financing and business elements of production. Experience in business affairs and production including procurement, tracking and reporting for Canadian funding is imperative. A strong understanding of the rules and regulations of Canadian production tax credits, CMF and independent production funds is required. The successful candidate should also be a creative problem solver with the ability to manage competing interests and multiple deadlines.
Core Responsibilities & Duties
- Management and fulfillment of funding applications, regulatory and administrative matters involving Tax credits, CMF and independent production funds across Blue Ant’s North American original productions, service productions and treaty co-productions
- Support the Senior Director with contracting for funding, and take the lead on project deliverables management and reporting, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Working with production and finance teams to prepare documentation for audit and resolve any issues
- Collaborating with business and production units across Blue Ants various business lines including Global Media and Distribution to provide business affairs support as needed (e.g., business development research, in-house production, data collection, project and export-based funding)
- General organizational tasks for the production and business affairs team, including creation and maintenance of various templates, tracking charts and workflow processes
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Knowledge of the rules and administration practices across various agencies – CRTC, CAVCO, Ontario Creates, CMF and various independent funds
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- Able to work in fast paced environment, and to prioritize and manage competing deadlines and interests
- A detail-oriented self-starter who is flexible and adaptable
- A team player with a willingness to help other team members and business units with various tasks
- Knowledge of postproduction audit preparation process and applicable post project tax credit/funding collection and reporting processes would be considered an asset
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada. We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Applicants email resumes to email@example.com
Blue Ant Media
130 Merton St Suite 200
Work From Home / Remote, AP,
|Tags:||Business Affairs, Legal, Funding, Global|
|Posted:||Nov 13, 2022|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|