BearCom Canada Corp.
Senior Field Service Technician
BearCom is the largest value-added distributor of wireless, voice, data and video solutions that boost operating efficiency and increase safety. The company is currently in a high-growth phase and building a team of people who share core values of positivity, exceptional work ethic and a commitment to working hard in order to get the job done. Through partnerships with Motorola, JVC Kenwood, Avigilon, and the like, BearCom services the mission-critical communications needs of its sophisticated customer base. With nearly forty years in the industry and a reputation for technical expertise and the ability to offer customized solutions, BearCom delivers a variety of communication applications across a diverse mix of over 40 end markets in the US and Canada.
As a Senior Field Technician, you will be responsible for optimizing, maintaining, trouble shooting and repairing analog and digital Two-Way Radios and other wireless communication systems at the customer site and/or our BearCom facility. Duties include installation, preventative maintenance, testing, repairing, and modifying various 2-way radio infrastructures, wireless messaging systems, or wireless broadband solutions. We perform system design, troubleshoot, program, and install radio equipment and wireless systems for a variety of customers. Wireless communications systems include: complex radio systems for public safety and enterprise customers. Our Technicians must have excellent communication skills, be motivated, customer service oriented and have a professional attitude and appearance.
- Install, maintain and provide technical support and service of wireless communications equipment such as: UHF/VHF and 800/900 MHz analog and digital systems. Operating mobile, portable radio equipment, dispatch consoles, and microwave systems, using both conventional and trunked radio technologies.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, and resolve wireless communication equipment problems with customers in a positive and efficient manner.
- Repair customer equipment by replacing defective modules or components through standard troubleshooting procedures and practices.
- Ability to diagnosis and repair public address systems and BDA systems.
- Recommend appropriate hardware and peripheral equipment that meets customer requirements.
- Provide hands-on and oversight of communications equipment and peripheral hardware installation such as base stations, repeaters, mobile devices, portable devices, wireless broadband devices, and CCTV equipment. Analyze and comprehend diagnostic test results in order to repair and program radios and wireless equipment.
- Deliver and execute customer Functional Acceptance Test Plans (FATP), perform and document results of site surveys and assessments per defined customer requirements in pre-sales delivery and post installation.
- Work with customers to prepare quotes, bids, and schedules for completing installation and repair tasks.
- Make minor modifications to electronic circuitry per customer requests and/or deploy factory software/firmware updates.
- Some travel and on call maybe required.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- 5+ years of Service Technician experience in diagnosing, repairing, programming, and installing Motorola, Kenwood, ICOM, Vertex equipment in the 2-way radio wireless and /or communication field.
- Extensive knowledge/understanding of 2-way radio theory, RF propagation characteristics at various frequency bands and communications systems.
- Ability to interpret schematics, blueprints, and diagrams.
- Knowledge of battery backup systems, base stations, repeaters, multi-couplers and duplexers, basic TCP/IP principles and NIC programming.
- Proficiency in operating various test equipment including but not limited to, spectrum analyzers, system analyzers, watt meters, TDR’s, FDR’s, and multi-meters.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Candidates must possess clean driving record and valid driver’s license.
- CET Certification
- Associate degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent.
- R56 Certified Installer
- Motorola Astro 4x-7x training providing support for various system operations.
- Certification in various Astro 25 products (Quantar, GTR8000, MCC5500/7500, etc.)
- Certification in various MotoTRBO products and systems (Connect+, Capacity+, Linked Capacity+, IP Site Connect, Capacity Max, etc.)
- Knowledge of audio, RF, digital, and microprocessor electronic circuits found in communications equipment at the component level.
- Security Clearance a plus.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Drug screenings and background checks are part of the hiring process, which may also include a Motor Vehicle Record check.
BearCom offers competitive compensation to all of its employees as well as comprehensive benefits which include: Medical, Dental, Vision, RRSP and Matching, Paid-Time-Off, Holiday pay and much more.
BearCom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace free from discrimination and harassment. We seek to recruit and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other disability protected by law. All employment is decided based upon qualifications, merit and business need.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $27.00-$35.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- English not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
BearCom Canada Corp.
London, ON, CA
|Posted:||Nov 21, 2022|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)