Eastlink is a family owned, entrepreneurial and innovative company headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We take great pride in being a leader in delivering creative competitive, customer focused telecommunications solutions, and connecting our customers to the things and people that matter most. Serving a customer base across seven provinces, our advanced solutions include Internet, Mobile, TV, Telephone, Security and Automation, Data Communications and exclusive locally produced programming on Eastlink Community TV.
We embrace diversity, inclusion, equity and accessibility throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Reporting to the Eastlink Community TV Manager, the Producer will have a strong communication, technical and editorial background coupled with a passion for technology. As a representative of Eastlink Community TV, the Producer will be an active community member ensuring programs produced are relevant to the local audience. Thorough, organized and driven to take ownership and accountability for their work, the successful candidate will have the skills to work effectively in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- Produce, direct, edit productions and ensure consistent compliance with company policies, procedures and standards.
- Co-ordinate and develop efficiencies that will allow maximum output.
- Train and develop volunteer production crews.
- Conduct pre-production and post-production meetings and program critiques.
- Foster positive working relationships within the programming department as well as with volunteers, other company departments, media partners, community leaders, local organizations, and elected officials.
- Seek out relevant community organizations and individuals to develop effective local programming.
- Meet all legal and policy requirements under the Health and Safety Act.
- Comply with CRTC regulations and guidelines.
- Minimum 3 years television production experience.
- Degree in Television Production or post-secondary education in Television Production or Broadcasting, an asset.
- Experience with contract and partnership management.
- Experience in studio production, ENG/EFP, and multi-camera mobile production
- Experience with non-linear Avid editors.
- Knowledge of production equipment, edit suites, studio production and computer graphics.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license with good driving record, and reliable transportation.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Frequently required to lift heavy objects (e.g. 20kilos)
- Frequently required to work outside year-round.
- Reside within the local cable system network.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team “on the ground” not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Get your career started with us and stay with us, your journey begins here!
500 Barrydowne Road Unit 15
Sudbury, ON, CA
|Posted:||Dec 02, 2022|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)