Communications & Community Engagement Officer
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The Faculty of Education's mission is to prepare knowledgeable, critical, creative and courageous educators; through our teaching, research and service, we create equitable and just opportunities and outcomes for all individuals and communities.
The Communications and Community Engagement Officer will be responsible for carrying out a variety of marketing and communications related activities, with a specific focus on community and stakeholder engagement, marketing, and internal and external communications. The role will assist with designing, creating, and assessing communications and marketing efforts within their portfolio, with a goal of building and promoting the Faculty of Education’s brand and reputation locally, nationally, and internationally. The Communications & Community Engagement Officer will have a passion for storytelling and determine the most effective communications and marketing programs and initiatives to implement to achieve strategic outcomes. The role will also support the development and maintenance of communication processes and practices, and provide expert advice, guidance and support of communications plans and related projects, that are consistent with all relevant University guidelines.
- Undergraduate Degree in Communications, Public Affairs, English/Literature, Journalism/Media or related program
- International Association of Business Communicators Designation completed or in progress is preferred
- 3 years’ experience implementing communications and marketing plans, with responsibility for managing projects
- Experience overseeing social media platforms
- Experience in community engagement, alumni relations and/or fundraising in post-secondary education is preferred
- Experience in event planning and managing multiple events would be an asset
- A passion for storytelling and stakeholder engagement
- In-depth knowledge of e-communication tools including website and graphic design principles and with social media platforms relevant to student populations
- In-depth knowledge of principles of writing, including grammar and style, argument, and coherence with attention to detail and proofreading abilities
- Compelling and persuasive communication skills to engage individuals and teams inside and outside the University
- Ability to collaborate across internal and external boundaries to meet common objectives, improve outcomes and support work beyond one's own unit
- Ability to analyze metrics and consider past communications to craft engaging written communications using social media or other appropriate channels
- Ability to apply creativity and recommend strategies for engagement initiatives in response to cultural and social trends
- Ability to think creatively and use a non-prescriptive approach in marketing and communications initiatives
- Critical thinking and analytical skills to assess complex higher education issues of concern to stakeholders, including the media, the public, and prospective donors
- Ability to quickly re-allocate resources and adjust priorities in response to unexpected events or changing circumstances
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Project management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously from conception to completion within tightly prescribed timelines
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
|Category:||Advertising / Marketing|
London, ON, CA
|Posted:||Dec 06, 2022|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)