Marketing Advisor - Digital Content Strategy
Powered by water... and by people like you
Providing clean electricity to 4 million customers takes a diverse workforce and that’s where you come
in. We need your talent to help us build major projects to meet growing demand. To help our
customers find clean energy solutions for their homes and businesses and to be ready to respond
during storms and outages to keep our system reliable.
Working for BC Hydro is meaningful. And now, the stakes have been raised as we work towards a
solution to climate change while safely providing clean, affordable electricity to our customers.
We offer a healthy work life balance, training opportunities and career progression. We're proud to be
ranked as one of B.C.'s Top Employers and one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers. Join us as we
build an even cleaner B.C.
Marketing Team to lead the development, oversight, and execution of our digital content strategy
across our digital touchpoints with customers.
The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with strong knowledge of customer journeys
with impeccable writing and editing skills. They’ll take a data-informed, analytical approach to their
work to ensure we’re meeting the needs of our customers within the digital space.
Specifically, this role will:
- Lead the content direction of our online channels to support business needs, including marketing
Integrated Marketing and Brand & Digital Experience teams.
- Lead a team of digital content specialists and manage a network of consulting resources.
- Work with peers including campaign leads, brand lead, and social media lead to create
- Initiate digital content strategy and governance projects working with internal and external
- Provide consultative, expert-level advice to management, stakeholders, and external vendors on
- Assign work to internal staff and external resources and ensure it’s delivered on time and on
- Lead tone of voice and brand evolution in the digital space (managing writing guidelines and
where a customer need is identified.
- Work with the Digital Experience & Brand team to align digital content standards with the overall
- Manage emergency response as on-rotation digital communications lead; directs the digital
emergency units and teams to source required information and content.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in communications, marketing, or a related field.
- At least six years of related experience, with experience working in a large organization or
- Strong ability to work collaboratively and build and maintain relationships advising others,
- Advanced knowledge of best practices in digital content and demonstrated ability to build and
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO research methods and best practices.
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices to create inclusive digital experiences.
- Knowledge of content management systems such as Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation
to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we
invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We include everyone.
We act with integrity and respect.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
We include everyone. We welcome applications from anyone, including members of visible
minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual
orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively
engage with diverse communities.
We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and
while working at BC Hydro. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a
disability, please contact us at Recruitmenthelp@
BC Hydro has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires employees to have a full series of
COVID-19 vaccine and provide proof of vaccination on request. This Policy is currently suspended
but may resume at BC Hydro's discretion. While the Policy is suspended, all new employees are
required to disclose their vaccination status to BC Hydro.
Flexible work model role definitions
Our four role types identify the degree of flexibility an employee could have to work from home
based on the type of work they do. The flexibility for an individual job is up to the manager for
each position and the operational requirements. Employees also have the right to work full-time
from the office if they prefer. All of our roles require at least some in-person time.
IBEW/Field – No option to work from home
Resident – Works primarily (4+ days per week) in the office.
Hybrid – May be able to work from home up to 3 days per week.
Remote – Works from home 4+ days per week
HOW TO APPLY
Don't forget to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and copies of your
certifications. If applicable, include your Trades Qualification. This will ensure we have all the
necessary information to assess your application without any delays.
Vancouver, BC, CA
|Posted:||Dec 06, 2022|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)