MANAGING DIRECTOR - Victoria Playhouse Inc. December 19th, 2022
At Victoria Playhouse, we recognize our capacity for creative connection increases as our perspectives widen. We are committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable work environment where all artists, volunteers, staff, and patrons feel like they belong. We dedicate ourselves to increasing the scope of our understanding through our hiring practices and programming choices. We seek opportunities to improve our systems of care in order to be better equipped to receive underrepresented members of our community, including but not limited to individuals who are or identify as Indigenous, Black, racialized, LGBTQ2S+, d/Deaf, low vision, or disabled.
PEI's longest running little theatre is looking for a self-directed and diligent individual with a passion for the performing arts to serve as Managing Director; someone in search of authentic community connection who can bring their organisational expertise, tools, and meticulous nature to our small but cohesive team in picturesque Victoria by the Sea.
The primary responsibilities of this role are financial administration, operations, fundraising, and human resources management. We warmly encourage applications from equity-denied Islanders and individuals with experience both inside and outside the performing arts sector. People from other provinces are welcome to apply, with the understanding that relocation will be necessary.
This position has a flexible schedule built around 6 months full-time and 6 months part-time employment. Salary is $32,000 to start, with room for future growth.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the office, theatre, and administrative and accounting procedures, including payroll, reconciliations, and remittances.
- Determine and support the appropriate administrative systems (policies and procedures) to facilitate the success of the strategies and programs of the company and evaluate overall performance.
- Coordinate all financial and administrative aspects of grants, marketing and other activities.
- Recruit and lead a team of employees (including volunteer, contract, and salaried individuals).
- Work with the Board of Directors and Artistic Director to identify potential sources of funding, develop fundraising strategies and programs, as well as prepare government and private grant applications.
- Liaise with the banks, auditors, donors, and sponsors, as well as industry organisations and associations as needed.
- Manage facilities which include our rented office and rehearsal space, as well as the theatre, lobby, and box office located in the historic Heritage Hall at the centre of the village.
The Managing Director reports directly to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the overall administration of the company. In collaboration with the Artistic Director, they oversee all financial aspects and ensure the smooth and efficient operation of Victoria Playhouse.
Interested applicants please email: email@example.com
Job will remain open until filled.
20 Howard Street
Victoria, PE, CA
|Posted:||Dec 21, 2022|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|