Acadia Broadcasting Limited
Multimedia News Reporter
Acadia Broadcasting is a growing media company with radio stations in Atlantic Canada and Northwestern Ontario. In each of our markets, our company focuses on being the community’s local voice for entertainment, news, and events.
CKDR in Dryden, Ontario has an exciting full-time opportunity for a Multimedia News Reporter to join our regional northwestern Ontario news team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about storytelling, with a diverse set of digital and broadcast journalism skills. Our newsroom moves fast, so our reporters must be able to adapt quickly, and have a demonstrated mastery in social media and multimedia news gathering.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Researching and writing both local and regional news stories.
- Preparing and recording stories for broadcast that are 35-40 seconds in length.
- Creating web stories for our radio station websites and social media platforms.
- Continuously seeking multimedia storytelling opportunities, while covering events that will enhance our coverage and content across all platforms.
- Working with a regional team of news professionals and providing backup for writing and anchoring as needed.
Here is what we are looking for:
- Someone with strong interviewing, writing, and editing skills.
- An understanding and proficiency in distributing content through social media channels.
- Someone who thrives on establishing and maintaining positive relationships in the community by attending events, community meetings, and other public appearances.
- A hard worker who can be flexible and adapt to changing priorities on the fly, including breaking news outside regular office hours.
- Journalism or Digital Media diploma, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Knowledge and experience with industry software including Burli and WideOrbit would be considered an asset.
- interest or knowledge in municipal, provincial, federal and indigenous politics is an asset.
- A valid driver’s license.
What you will receive:
A comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, accidental death coverage, and a company matched retirement savings plan. Our reporters will be provided with a company issued smartphone and laptop.
We strive to be the broadcaster and employer in every market we serve through quality local programming, achieving positive results for advertisers, and rewarding employee excellence. If you are interested in joining our team, please apply with a resume and include any relevant SoundCloud or YouTube demo links, as well as writing samples.
Acadia Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Acadia Broadcasting Limited
122 King Street
Dryden, ON, CA
|Posted:||Jan 17, 2023|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)