The Application Deadline for this job posting is coming soon. Apply by Feb 03, 2023!
Camera Editor WinnipegFeatured
Do you enjoy chasing the story, being creative with your work and showcasing your passion for the industry? Do you value your independence, enjoy meeting new people and are you always looking for “the shot”? If you said yes, then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for!
Highlights of this opportunity:
- Become part of the team at one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers;
- Become part of a team that provides coverage of the issues facing Indigenous communities locally, nationally and worldwide;
- Operate cameras, camera technology and broadcasting equipment for newsgathering, shooting of interviews, b-roll, stand-ups, stock footage, and sequences, etc.;
- Incorporate internet-based and user-generated content for editing as required;
- Operate linear and non-linear editing systems and logs, and digitizes material prior to editing;
- Conduct live double-ender interviews from studio or remote locations as required;
- Contribute ideas for better visual storytelling.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
- Diploma or certificate in a relevant discipline combined with proven related experience, and traditional knowledge;
- Experience with news line-up script writing software is an asset;
- Broadcast experience would be an asset;
- Knowledge of office software and broadcast industry technology;
- Experience working with an Indigenous organization as well as knowledge of Indigenous cultural perspectives is an asset.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Please apply before Friday, February 3, 2023.
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched - Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35-hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
Please note: Currently all interviews will be held via MS Teams or teleconference.
|Category:||Film / Video|
339 Portage Ave
Winnipeg, MB, CA
|Posted:||Jan 23, 2023|
|Closing:||Feb 03, 2023|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)