Manager Content Production
Reporting to the VP, Content Production, this role will oversee multiple television, film and digital productions from a corporate level, ensuring best in class execution. To be successful, a Manager of Content Production should be comfortable with television/film/digital production schedules, budgets, financings and cashflows as well as the related applications and guidelines that come with them. The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage changing and multiple priorities effectively.
We recognize that you may have experience and talent that does not completely align with the technical skills and requirements of this role. If you possess similar experience that is close to what we’ve listed here, we encourage you to apply. An individual’s experience, enthusiasm and attitude are of primary importance.
- 5+ years of experience with television financing, tax credits, and production management
- Experience with a television and/or film set
- Experience with managing small teams with multiple priorities preferred
- Pro-active and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment that necessitates working on many projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with external and internal stakeholders including working closely with C-level executives
- Strong skill in MovieMagic Budgeting, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Assist with the preparation of production financing scenarios, budgets, production and post-production schedules, and cashflows for Canadian content, treaty co-production and service productions.
- Develop content and service tax credit estimates.
- Prepare Canadian funding (e.g., CMF, BellFund, SHAW etc.), tax credit (federal and provincial) and regulatory (e.g., CRTC, ISAN) applications from the beginning to the end of the production lifecycle.
- Engage with multiple production and post-production teams to manage productions on a corporate level, providing support such as: cashflow management, ensuring proper insurance coverage, cost report review and analysis, delivering to financiers and broadcasters, ensuring clearance compliance, creating screen credits, managing final audits and ensuring adherence to all of Shaftesbury policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with internal Shaftesbury Development, Business and Legal, Finance and Publicity teams across multiple productions to ensure the proper flow of information and execution of individual requirements.
- Work collaboratively with external stakeholders such as unions, lawyers, bankers, auditors, insurance brokers, vendors and financiers to ensure all of their individual needs are met.
- Respond to any production, post production, or external stakeholder ad hoc requests.
- Ensure Shaftesbury policies and procedures are kept up to date and best in class
- Remain up to date in current information regarding various funding and tax credit guidelines as well as guild and union agreements
- Manage regular internal and external departmental meetings
- Advise, direct and mentor the production team
Shaftesbury is an award-winning creator and producer of original content for television, film, and digital, established in 1987 by Christina Jennings, Chairman and President. Shaftesbury's current primetime slate includes 16 seasons of the international hit series Murdoch Mysteries for CBC, ITV Studios and UKTV, and five seasons of Hudson & Rex for Citytv, both are available in over 120 countries worldwide. Other projects include: the acclaimed horror anthology series Slasher on Shudder and Hollywood Suite, with Emmy® Award-winner Eric McCormack starring in the upcoming fifth season; three seasons of the acclaimed six-part event series Departure for Global starring Emmy® Award-winner Archie Panjabi and the late Academy® Award-winner Christopher Plummer; and SisterS, a new Irish Canadian co-production by and starring Sarah Goldberg (Barry) and Susan Stanley, for Crave, RTÉ and IFC.
18 Logan Avenue
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Jan 25, 2023|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)