Back | Description | Details
REEL CANADA is hiring a manager for our Reel Opportunities programme to join our team on contract, starting as early as February 13 and running through to August 31, 2023.
REEL CANADA is a charitable not-for-profit whose mission is to introduce youth to Canadian film and engage them in a conversation about identity and culture.
Our organization thrives on a collaborative and friendly team atmosphere. The successful candidate has a passion for cinema and Canadian culture, and wants to make an important contribution to the cultural life of this country.
The main responsibility of this role will be overseeing Reel Opportunities, which is our nationwide programme designed to introduce youth (aged 15 to 30) to the wide range of career opportunities available to them in the booming Canadian film industry. This will also be an exciting opportunity to be involved with the tenth anniversary of National Canadian Film Day (April 2023), as well as support year-round programming including livestreams with filmmakers.
REEL CANADA is currently a hybrid work environment, with staff working in the office at Bloor and Bathurst in Toronto 2 days per week, and working remotely for the remainder of the week. This is subject to change.
The Reel Opportunities Manager is a valuable member of our team, and will be responsible for two main aspects of the programme:
- Overseeing the smooth execution of workshop delivery, which will take place primarily online, through video conferencing platforms such as Zoom.
- Supporting the ED in the development of film training boot camp workshops being offered nationally in collaboration with regional partners and institutions.
Our programmes are offered in both English and French. If you're fully bilingual and want to help us bring our programming into more Francophone communities, please let us know in your cover letter.
- Working with senior management to design workshop delivery models
- Overseeing the work of a team of approximately eight coordinators
- Overseeing the booking and smooth execution of all workshops
- Overseeing various tracking documents and ensuring they are updated daily/weekly
- Overseeing all aspects of workshop planning, including booking film industry guests, communicating with teachers, and maintaining schedules / calendars
- Working with our Technical Director on all aspects of set-up, testing and show-running
- Overseeing post-mortem follow-up with schools to collect feedback data
- Creating internal and external documents such as tech instructions, schedules, etc.
- Working with our communications team on promotion and social media, as needed
Because this is an intensive project with a wide variety of phases of work, we are looking for candidates with diverse skills. Please note in your cover letter which of the following skills you possess (you don’t need to have them all – two or three out of six would be great):
- Experience managing large-scale projects, creating critical paths / timelines and supervising several team members
- Phone or sales experience and comfort with cold-calling
- Public speaking or performance skills and ability to smoothly moderate conversations between multiple speakers on a video conferencing platform
- Communications experience with writing press releases, managing social media accounts and/or using Canva, Wordpress, Mailchimp and similar services to create posts & mailouts
- Tech or AV skills and/or livestream production experience using Zoom or similar video conferencing and streaming live to YouTube/Facebook or elsewhere
- Experience and interest in database administration (CRM such as Salesforce or Airtable), workflow systems, data auditing, etc
- Experience with event or project management and overseeing the work of a
- small team
- Strong attention to detail is an absolute must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent people skills and ability to manage employees
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Google docs
- Familiarity with Airtable and/or Salesforce is an asset
- Comfortable using Zoom and similar video conferencing services
- Ability to manage a large number of different deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to keep track of the big picture and strong attention to detail
- 4+ years of film industry production experience
- Film training experience a strong asset
- Fluent French is a strong asset
- Experience with data management software is an asset
Salary range: $60,000, negotiable based on experience in production and/or film training; includes 4% vacation as well as benefits that begin after 3 months
Interested applicants are invited to apply on the REEL CANADA website, at reelcanada.ca/join-our-team
We thank all who apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
REEL CANADA is actively seeking candidates with diverse identities and lived experiences. Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are Black, Indigenous, or people of colour, and who self-identify as such in their applications.
REEL CANADA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please write to email@example.com to indicate what accommodations are required, or arrange a phone call.
|Category:||Film / Video|
720 Bathurst Street, Suite 504
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Feb 08, 2023|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)