New Metric Media
Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)
Back | Description | Details
New Metric Media is an award-winning entertainment studio focused on creating brand defining, memorable and authentic comedy content for global audiences. The company is behind the hit Hulu/Crave original comedies LETTERKENNY and SHORESY, the Netflix/CityTV premium drama series BAD BLOOD and the Roku/Crave original comedy CHILDREN RUIN EVERYTHING. New Metric is also recognized as a leader in brand marketing for its success with Letterkenny and Bad Blood’s off-screen extensions, including beer, collectible merchandise as well as Letterkenny LIVE!, a North American theatre tour with the stars of the series.
New Metric is seeking a hardworking and organized in-house Production Controller to join our finance team. The successful candidate will play an integral role on our accounting team and work closely with others in business and legal affairs and production. This role will be primarily responsible for the accounting, payroll and reporting for projects that are in the late development/pre-production stage and those that have gone into post-production. The Production Controller will also work closely with the onsite production accounting team for projects in full production for continuity purposes.
- Prepare tax credit estimates, cash flow models, and finance plans for all prospective and greenlit productions.
- Set up new production companies in QuickBooks and create a standard chart of accounts that mirrors the chart used during principal and post-production.
- Assist with setting up production bank accounts.
- Take ownership over the daily accounting activity, including billing of receivables, processing of payroll, vendor, and guild payments, settling intercompany chargebacks, reconciling bank accounts, etc.
- Ensure all transactions are posted to the proper GL accounts and include easy to follow journal entry descriptions.
- Maintain “audit proof” and organized backup files for turnover to the on-site production accounting team.
- Provide support as needed to the on-site production accountant during transition period.
- Monitor production spending against the cash flow forecast.
- Review funding requests from on-site accounting team to ensure they are reasonable and in line with production financing availability.
- Track receivables and billing milestones for broadcasters and other funding sources, prepare invoices once milestones have been met, follow up on overdue balances.
- Prepare loan drawdown requests and supporting schedules for the bank.
- Participate in weekly cost report meetings with on site with on site production accounting team, Director of Physical Production, Corporate Controller, CFO and others to assess performance against budget, identify potential overruns and savings opportunities.
- Take over all accounting and reporting responsibilities after transition from the on-site production accountant utilizing production accounting system.
- Prepare production cost reports on a regular basis for review by the finance and production team.
- Complete thorough review of GL account activity to ensure transactions are posted to the proper accounts and expense classifications.
- Prepare all accounting related reports required for the audit, including provincial/Federal tax credit calculations and schedules, breakdown of Canadian/non-Canadian costs, reconciliation of key accounts, vendor, and related party reporting, etc.
- Assist with any financial production reporting deliverables required by the bank, broadcasters, or funding agencies, such as CMF, NOHFC, etc.
- College diploma or University degree in Accounting.
- 7-10 years of production accounting and payroll experience required.
- Familiarity with film and television guilds and union guidelines (WGC, ACTRA, DGC, etc.) as it relates to payroll and accounting matters.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookups, conditional formulas, etc.).
- High Proficiency with production accounting systems, preferably EP Global Vista, Smart Accounting, and EP Live (payroll).
- Experience using QuickBooks is a definite plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Must be responsive, reliable, highly organized, and extremely detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and re-assess priorities as needed.
- Must be very discreet due to handling of confidential information.
Interested candidates please email C.V. to:
|Location:||Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)|
|Posted:||Feb 16, 2023|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|