Thunderbird Entertainment / Great Pacific Media
Back | Description | Details
Thunderbird Entertainment is searching for an exceptional individual to provide legal and strategic support for Great Pacific Media on day to day unscripted and scripted television production and distribution matters, as well as strategic and practical support for ongoing Thunderbird corporate expansion both at home and internationally.
Thunderbird Entertainment was founded in 2003. With offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa and Los Angeles, we have more than 1000 creatives on our team. And though we all have our unique skills, techniques, niches and passions, one thing is true for us all: we are artists at our core. We have two companies under Thunderbird Entertainment, Atomic Cartoons and Great Pacific Media. Atomic, founded in 1999, produces award-winning animation and GPM, founded in 2011, creates dynamic, award-winning factual and scripted content.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Reporting to Thunderbird Entertainment’s SVP of Legal and Business Affairs, help strategize and execute all legal matters for development, production, post-production, sales, distribution, and service of all entertainment and business endeavours.
- Negotiate and draft talent agreements, producer agreements, rights agreements, finance agreements and other agreements in connection with the development and production of entertainment-based television and digital properties.
- Handle above and below the line guild issues.
- Create and administer legal processes and best practices for Great Pacific Media.
- Handle and/or work with outside counsel to handle production legal, litigation, copyright and trademark, music, and rights and clearance matters.
- Handle the negotiation, drafting, and closing of all entertainment-related deals and business relationships; including deals to acquire and develop television or digital properties in all genres including factual/lifestyle, reality, scripted live-action, and hybrid films; co-production deals, distribution deals, output deals, first-look deals and all other agreements for the ancillary exploitation of intellectual property.
- Ensure Great Pacific Media’s compliance with its own policies, third-party agreements, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Negotiate and draft complex deals and agreements involving the development, acquisition, and production of television programs (including scripted series and unscripted/reality series, along with marketing, promotional and sales agreements).
- Work closely with Great Pacific Media's management team on the development, production, negotiation, and drafting of agreements and financing applications involving the development, acquisition, and production of content intended for initial distribution via the Internet.
- Act as a liaison between Great Pacific Media's creative executives and the creative community (e.g, talent agencies, talent managers, law firms, studios, and production companies).
- Maintain and update corporate best practices and remain up to speed on applicable financing and regulatory issues as they relate to Great Pacific Media’s interests.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A minimum of an LLB/JD from an accredited law school.
- Current member in good standing of the Law Society of British Columbia or eligible for membership within a specified period.
- Minimum 5 years of business and legal affairs experience at a North American television broadcaster, independent production company and/or major law firm with unscripted experience.
- Up to date knowledge of the current legal environment and practices in both independent television in North America and internationally.
- Knowledgeable in regards to the Canadian Television environment including CMF, Telefilm co-production treaties and broadcaster license agreements.
- Well established relationships within the entertainment, business affairs and legal communities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior negotiation and legal drafting skills.
- Unyielding attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time, with exceptional organizational skills and an ability to handle a constant stream of high-priority projects
- Exceptional interpersonal skills needed to maintain credibility and effective working relationships with high level internal and external contacts.
- Ability to independently exercise sound judgment, make sound decisions, and perform under minimal supervision on a daily basis.
- Strong initiative to take on tasks and set own priorities and deadlines and put forth the maximum effort.
- Ability to excel under pressure in a demanding, fast-paced, results-oriented work environment.
- Ability to work in our Burnaby office full-time.
START DATE: MARCH 2023
Please submit your application to email@example.com or via the posting below:
Thunderbird Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap or financial ability.
While remaining sensitive, fair, and providing equitable treatment for all, Thunderbird Entertainment works to increase participation and advancement to reflect all personnel – including Women, Indigenous People, Visible Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities, who are all qualified members. Thus, it helps identify and remove barriers that prevent the full participation of members of designated groups in the workplace.
Great Pacific Media and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Great Pacific Media by providing us with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Thunderbird Entertainment / Great Pacific Media
1901 Rosser Ave., #600
Burnaby, BC, CA
|Posted:||Mar 03, 2023|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|