Back | Description | Details
Manager English Scripted Business Affairs (Toronto)
The Manager, English Scripted Business Affairs (Toronto) manages business affairs for the English Scripted department of Sphere Media Toronto. Acting as the central liaison for business affairs with external partners and internal departments they are accountable across all stages of production from development to delivery.
- Supports English Scripted Development and Production departments in the coordination, tracking and management of all business affairs elements
- Front-line communicator with the business affairs departments of broadcasters, financiers, and other external stakeholders
- Manages and submits all external funding applications including CMF, Bell Fund, NOHFC and others as applicable on time and within the guidelines, coordinating with internal departments as needed
- Liaison between Development, Business Affairs and Finance internally, ensuring clear flow of communication and documentation between departments
- Drafts and/or reviews business affairs documentation including main credits summary, dubbing restrictions statement, advertising and promotional restrictions summary, WGC documentation
- Manages and tracks required production business affairs documentation including financial closing, proof of residency declarations and CAVCO IDs, errors and omissions insurance and additional Insured certificate
- Five to ten years progressive experience with scripted productions
- Knowledge of funding applications and application management including CMF, BellFund and NOHFC
- Proven record of success through outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Possess outstanding problem-solving skills and enjoys working in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Analyzes and interprets new information and situations effectively
- Possess a demonstrated attention to detail
- Meets or exceeds deadlines through meticulous planning and multi-tasking
- Proficient in MS Office and different funding platforms
About Sphere Media
Sphere Media is a leader in the field of creation, adaptation, production and distribution of content for television and cinema, generating high-quality content for local and international markets, with projects in all categories, ranging from documentaries to feature films, including scripted TV series, serials, game shows, magazines, variety programs, 2D animation and digital projects.
We are working to make our corporate culture more inclusive. Sphere Media is an equal-opportunity employer. All applications will be considered, regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex, civil status, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
672 Dupont Street, Suite 400
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Mar 07, 2023|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)