Six Shooter Records
Back | Description | Details
JOB OPPORTUNITY: MARKETING MANAGER (FULL TIME)
Founded in 2000, Six Shooter Records is a full-service music universe with label, publishing and management companies built on a mandate of working with artists committed to a lifetime career in music. Our primary goal is artistic excellence. With over 20 years of experience, Six Shooter pushes the boundaries of art and innovation with a critically acclaimed roster that defies classification, a growing team that values integrity, expertise and professional advancement, and a steadfast commitment to artist development and longevity. Six Shooter Records is headquartered in Toronto, read our full land acknowledgement here and our Code of Practise here.
Ours is a fast-paced, friendly environment with an enterprising culture. We seek a new member of our marketing team, who will be key in performing day-to-day social media duties.
Responsibilities will be as follows:
- Build and execute strategy and development of marketing plans for priority label projects. This includes: developing and executing contesting and promotions, coordinating and managing influencer marketing, executing social media content strategies etc.
- Build and execute online advertising and other digital marketing initiatives on a variety of platforms (Meta Ads Manager, Google Ads, TikTok Ads, Reddit etc..)
- Curate and execute consistent, meaningful and original content on all social media platforms for both the company and the artists. This includes writing social media copy and formatting existing graphics and video creative into various formats for digital and print campaigns. This also includes creating, editing, and enhancing short-form videos for TikTok, Instagram Reels and YouTube Shorts.
- Execute the critical paths for pre-release and day-of-release as indicated by the Director of Digital Marketing and Strategy. This includes: asset requests and approvals, banner and profile picture swaps, YouTube video tagging, Linktree and Linkfire updates etc.
- Consistently stay up to date and report best practices and emerging trends in social media and marketing; apply findings to ongoing campaigns as well as artist and company accounts.
- Execute community engagement on artist and company socials (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Discord, NetEase, etc.). This includes communicating with social media followers via direct messages, responding to comments/retweets in a timely manner.
- Update and manage Six Shooter Record’s online properties as requested. This includes: curating and sharing Spotify playlists, refreshing Spotify Six Shooter Essentials playlist during releases, updating Six Shooter Records news section and artists websites, as well as writing, assembling and sending out company newsletters as needed.
- Scrape and gather analytics from social media platforms, websites and marketing initiatives for reporting purposes.
- Assist with grant applications and completions for both the label and management clients as requested. Including but not limited to proofing copy, gathering marketing material examples, and collaborating on marketing development plans.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience related to marketing for 2+ years
- Proficiency with top social media platforms (e.g, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, etc.)
- Proficiency in digital advertising platforms (Meta Business Suite, TikTok Business Center, Google Ads…)
- Video editing and graphic design (AfterEffects, Photoshop, Premiere Pro…)
- Excellent creative copywriting skills
- Resourceful team player, a self-starter and risk-taker
- Passionate about music, social media and content creation
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize, while staying ahead of deadlines in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, willing to pitch in whenever needed
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Optimistic with positive energy and outlook
Nice to Haves & Attributes:
- Experience in the music industry for 2+ years
- Education related to the music business, digital marketing, or communications.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite products, Monday.com and Notion
- Podcasting and/or Discord experience
- Additional Languages (Mandarin, Cantonese, etc…)
- Proficiency in MS Office, Google Suite, Dropbox, Slack, E-Clincher, MailChimp, Meta Business Suite and YouTube Studio.
Position: Marketing Manager
Reporting to: Director of Digital Strategy & Marketing
Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00AM – 6:00PM
Location: Toronto-based exclusively. Six Shooter is currently experimenting with an office/WFH hybrid model, subject to change as the world evolves.
Compensation: Annual salary range from $45,000-$55,000 to be determined commensurate with experience, and health benefits.
Application Deadline: April 15th, 2023
Start Date: Mid-May 2023
No phone calls please.
We invite applications from all qualified candidates, especially from people who identify as racialized, Indigenous, differently abled, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act for applicants invited to an interview.
|Category:||Advertising / Marketing|
Six Shooter Records
98038, 970 Queen St. E.
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Mar 10, 2023|
|Closing:||Apr 15, 2023|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)