Back | Description | Details
Film & TV AssociateFeatured
SESLER is a boutique management agency representing Directors of Photography and Production Designers in the entertainment, advertising and production industries. Working across the spectrum of Features, Commercials, Television, Documentaries, Music Videos and Branded/Web Content, our Cinematographers and Production Designers are among the most recognized and sought after in the business.
SESLER is seeking a Film & TV Associate. The role also encompasses some office and commercial department duties. Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, boutique and entrepreneurial environment. Must be able to wear multiple hats with a ‘can do’ attitude. Enthusiasm, sense of humor, understanding of artistic temperament, diplomacy even under pressure, ability to multi-task. This position requires an independent self-starter and a team player. The position has opportunity for long-term growth.
Responsibilities include working with our production clients; our talented roster of Artists; supporting Film/TV Agent, Operations/Business Affairs Manager and other Talent Agents; researching and tracking upcoming projects; administration in various areas (i.e. scheduling; data entry, resume updates, contracts); and social media.
- 3+ years in Film and/or Television is a must. We are looking for a candidate that has worked in some capacity in long-form, ideally either Television or Feature Film areas.
- Talent management / representation experience an asset.
- Pro-active and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional organizational and research skills. Detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal team members and our roster of Artists and ensure proper follow through on all tasks.
- Ability to work collaboratively with external clients such as Production Companies, Studios, Networks.
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office, Adobe and Google Platform.
- High degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Ability to work under pressure and a strong ability to multi-task.
- Happy to work in a small office environment where everyone wears many hats.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (some examples):
- Researching and tracking production and development from various sources.
- Sales reach outs for upcoming Film/TV projects.
- Preparing Artist submission packages to Production clientele for Film/TV projects.
- Coordinating all long form project info for presentation to Artists.
- Coordinating and managing all interviews for Artists.
- Drafting long-form contracts with Business Affairs Manager.
- Keeping all Artists’ information up-to-date (i.e. Travel Documents, Resumes etc).
- Maintaining, researching and updating publicity for all Artists.
- Data Entry and updates of all projects and contacts into databases and schedules.
- Management / coordination of start paperwork and timecards/invoices for Artists’ payroll.
- Various award submission duties.
- Social Media for the Film/TV department.
- Support and liaise with our international office.
- Assisting Operations Manager with onboarding all new Artist/Roster signs.
- Coordination of the office and day-to-day operations, as well as maintaining office systems and procedures.
- Provide overall support to Head of Film & TV Dept, Operations & Business Affairs Manager and Talent Agents.
- Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
- Full-time, in person position at our corporate office.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
135 Tecumseth Street, Unit 1
Toronto, ON, CA
|Tags:||Television, Film, Assistant to Agent, Admin|
|Posted:||Mar 15, 2023|
|Compensation:||Compensation commensurate with experience|