Warner Bros. Discovery
Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)
Back | Description | Details
Manager Marketing and Sales
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role…
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Marketing & Distribution, the Marketing/Sales Manager is responsible for key aspects of Theatrical Marketing and Sales for Canada, including the Quebec region. This position is required to be fully bilingual and based out of the Toronto office.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Contact assigned exhibitors regularly via phone/email to secure playdates, to discuss future product and to secure weekly holdovers
- Ensure DPs in Maacs are current, including proper screen formats and accurate screen counts
- Proactively solicit exhibitors weekly for playdates to maximize revenue
- Enter all bookings into Maacs, including amendments, corrections, and cancellations
- Monitor Classics website daily for assigned accounts & enter bookings into Maacs
- Arrange media, promo & trade screenings with exhibitors for assigned markets & book into Maacs
- Send marketing materials, digital assets & trailer placement request to assigned accounts
- Assist cashiering department as needed to secure outstanding film rental, box office, special collections
- Send shipping sheets weekly to Canadian depot with all new first run & Classics bookings
- Review the Mass Figure Entry window weekly for current titles, provide missing grosses
- Monitor exhibitor websites & their social media channels daily
- Review theatre/market grosses regularly and share anomalies & updates with studio
- Work with Sr. Management on analysis to determine if a film should be released in the Quebec marketplace
- If releasing in Quebec work with Finance and legal teams to ensure all the distribution requirements are met
- Work with WB International dubbing to confirm a French Title for the film
- Bi-monthly trailer meeting with Tech ops to determine the need for French trailers
- Submit all trailers and films for Censorship classifications, then communicate to Exhibitors and WB internal final classifications
- Track Alberta and BC trailer placements for compliance and payment
- Box Office analysis pre and post release of all films using Com Score & Cineac
- Finance responsibilities include review, verify and coding invoices in the SAP/SRM system for Theatrical sales vendors including CCDI, Shipping, Deluxe, Prismaflex, and Censorship, review accounts for the smaller Canadian circuits, prepare, maintain, and track blanket purchase orders for these vendors
- Manage, distribute, and maintain all Canadian advertising assets internally and to our Agencies
- Work in conjunction with our Translation Agency, to translate all marketing materials including one sheets, broadcast, social/online and radio for the French market. This includes proof reading and final approvals.
- Work with VP Marketing and our Advertising Agency to traffic correct materials for TV, Broadcast, Radio and Social (English and French)
- Co-ordinate with exhibitor services to manage Exhibitor assets and programs in the Canadian market
- Assist with Marketing and PR events as required
Qualifications & Experience
- University/College degree required; BA preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Theatrical Distribution and or Marketing
- Excellent knowledge of the Quebec marketplace – Fully Bilingual a must
- Ability to work in a fast paced, time sensitive and competitive business environment
- Ability to multi-task, highly organized with excellent problem-solving skills
- Must possess high competency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Google Docs) Exposure to Maacs
- Must be able to work effectively with and communicate clearly with all levels within the department
- Experience with receivables and collections
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- Due to the nature of the position, there could be extended work hours.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
|Category:||Advertising / Marketing|
|Location:||Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)|
|Tags:||Publicity, Advertising, Sales|
|Posted:||Mar 16, 2023|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)