Boat Rocker Media (BRM)
Work From Home / Remote, AP
Back | Description | Details
Systems Digital Asset Manager
The purpose of the Digital Asset Manager role is to manage the storage and archiving of media assets across all business units within Boat Rocker Media. This includes organizing, updating, and maintaining media assets such as LTO tapes, audio and video files, images, and other digital assets in a secure and accessible environment. The Digital Asset Manager will ensure the efficient and secure storage of media assets, as well as provide support to other departments and business units with regard to the organization, retrieval, and delivery of media assets.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement storage strategies that meet the needs of the organization.
- Manage storage systems, including storage hardware and software.
- Monitor storage performance and report on any issues.
- Troubleshoot storage performance issues and provide technical support.
- Monitor and maintain storage security policies.
- Monitor storage usage and ensure that the system is being used efficiently.
- Research and implement new storage technologies.
- Manage vendor relationships and ensure that all contractual agreements are met
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in storage management
- Knowledge of storage systems, storage architectures, and storage protocols
- Must have experience with Linux, Windows and Mac OS environments.
- Knowledge of storage security best practices
- Understanding of data backup and recovery processes
- Working knowledge of Media and Entertainment industry
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience and knowledge of graphics and animation applications a bonus
Boat Rocker is committed to hiring and supporting diverse candidates. We strongly encourage applications from people who identify as being part of an under-represented and equity-deserving group. This would include people who identify as racialized, Black, Indigenous, women, LGBTQ2SI+, and having a disability among others. We also recognize the importance of intersectional identities in our hiring and retention.
Boat Rocker Media (BRM)
310 King St E
Work From Home / Remote, AP,
|Posted:||Mar 18, 2023|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)