Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)
Director Sales Canada - Hybrid
Toronto, ON, CA, M4W 3E2
OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES
Global Content Distribution is responsible for liaising with clients by providing content information and then negotiating to close content license deals.
This is a sales position designed to generate revenue.
Through the delegation of specific clients, the role will focus on targeted sales across all content library supply categories as available in Canada. Specifically, the role will prioritize monetizing unscripted, library and niche content categories against targets defined by VP (tracking avails, identifying opportunities, presenting content to clients, arranging screeners, negotiating agreements and processing deals internally).
This position is based in Toronto.
- Manage the targeted library of available programs as assigned by VP.
- Maintain strong knowledge of Paramount, CBS and Viacom libraries as well as current slate.
- Coordinate availability of shows (to avoid selling content that is also being used in Canada through channel agreements (EG Comedy Central, Nick, CMT, Paramount Network and P+).
- Present and offer content to Canadian buyers as assigned and confirm internal deal approvals under the direction of the VP of Sales.
- Review sales history and clearances.
- Monitor CRM deal workflow tasks including client setup, client maintenance, deal entry and approval routing.
- Negotiate and close content licensing deals.
- Ensure deals are properly documented. Each agreement is executed through an established internal process. Ensure all agreements are fully serviced, delivered, contracted and that account receivables remain current.
- Prepare data and analytical models for historical sales and research projects.
- Proactive market evaluation, research and sales strategy support.
- Budget planning and forecasting for designated content.
- As needed, provide support to the VP Sales in Toronto and any other assignments as delegated, could include administrative duties.
- University/College Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce, or related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience and preference in entertainment sales
- Exceptional English written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Power Point, and Excel (strength in excel and data analysis/manipulation)
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed, valid passport required.
- Proficiency in French language
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to self-manage and multi-task, prioritize and manage time efficiently to meet deadlines
- Interest in content, the entertainment industry and loves watching and talking about television!
- Familiar with a variety of industry concepts, deal terms and properties
Is this the job for you? Join us!
Paramount Global Content Distribution is the leading distributor of premium content across multiple media platforms throughout the global marketplace. The division's portfolio is comprised of some of the world's most recognized brands, including feature films and television programs from Paramount Pictures, Republic Pictures CBS Studios, Paramount Television Studios, CBS Media Ventures, CBS News, SHOWTIME, Nickelodeon, MTV Entertainment Studios, Miramax and third-party partners. The division also has the largest distributed library of series and film titles, including global franchises such as "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," "NCIS," "Star Trek," "SpongeBob SquarePants," "Transformers," "Mission: Impossible," and more. In addition, the division licenses a diverse lineup of scripted and unscripted formats for local production and international co-productions. Paramount Global Content Distribution is a division of Paramount.
Paramount Networks International, is comprised of many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, BET and more. Paramount brands reach more than 3.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 180+ countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies, we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
|Location:||Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)|
|Posted:||Aug 10, 2023|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)