Vertigo Theatre has a responsibility to create work spaces where people feel respected and can be themselves in every capacity. With this in mind, we encourage applications from qualified individuals who identify as Indigenous, Black, or POC as well as women, 2SLGBTQIA+, Disabled/People with Disabilities and/or Neuro-Divergent people.
*If there are any potential barriers (language, disability, or any other considerations) preventing you from applying, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to find a suitable application process.
About Vertigo Theatre
Vertigo Theatre is a premiere cultural institution in Calgary and has entertained audiences for over 45 years with high-quality programming. It is the only theatre in North America that produces a season based entirely in the intrigue and mystery genre. Located at the base of the Calgary Tower, the Vertigo complex is home to our administration, ticket offices, and two performance venues. We cater to a diverse audience including young adults, students, urban professionals and seniors.
The Ideal Candidate
Vertigo Theatre is seeing an enthusiastic and motivated individual with superior administrative, research, events and hosting skills to join our team! The Development Coordinator will act as first point of contact for the development activities of the organization under the guidance of Executive Director. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with an interest in the arts or non-profit sector who is committed to ensuring exemplary donations administration and donor service, as well as the coordination of successful annual giving activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure timely and accurate fulfilment of donor recognition requirements in coordination with the Administrative Coordinator
- Coordinating and executing high-level donor benefits
- Accurate and timely input of donor data and records into Theatre Manager database
- Coordination of fund development special events
- Overseeing and managing annual giving activities such as raffles, 50/50 draws, Casinos, and other special events
- Prepare sponsorship agreements, including invoices, payments, and file maintenance
- Managing stewardship hosting activities and the development and administration of in-kind sponsorships
- Assist in the execution of the annual direct response campaigns
- Assist with the development of donor collateral materials, managing solicitation and invitation lists, coordinating mail outs, liaising with the Marketing team regarding graphic design, production of materials, and print deadlines
- Issue mid-season and end-of-season Sponsor Reports
- Compile and proof donor program lists
Other duties as assigned by and agreed with the Executive Director and may include but are not limited to:
- Identifying and creating new donor benefits to boost engagement
- Assisting the marketing team with content and ideas to boost Vertigo's social media profile and engagement
- Arranging meetings for the Executive Director and major sponsors and donors
- Be the liaison for multiple events including Opening Nights, Sponsor Nights, and additional special events (Secret Tea Society)
- Finding new gateways of donations to update and evolve our systems
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of two years of experience in an administrative/development role combining both customer service and data entry skills; preference with be given to those with specific experience in an arts or not-for-profit organization
- Diploma from a Fund Development, Business Administration, or other relevant post-secondary program; a suitable combination of education and experience will be considered
- Superior written and interpersonal communication skills
- Professional and personable nature with a strong aptitude for providing high level customer service
- Previous experience in database management, especially with Theatre Manager, would be an asset
- Tactical event planning/management experience
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, and collaborate as a team member in a fast-paced environment
- Keen interest in arts and culture
- Proficiency with Microsoft Offices, particularly Word and Excel
- A Class 5 Driver's license with a clean driver's abstract
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is considered an asset
- 40 hours per week with some evenings and weekends required
- $18-20/hour based on qualifications and experience
- Extended Health and Dental plan after successful completion of a 3-month probationary period with costs shared 50/50 between employee and employer
- 3 weeks of vacation time annually and other holidays as determined by management
- Early-mid September.
Deadline to submit: Applications will be accepted until September 8, 2023, or until a suitable candidate is found.
Please send a cover letter, resume or CV as well as three references to addressed to Kristen Dion, Executive Director at email@example.com Interviews will commence shortly. Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. For more information about Vertigo Theatre please visit our website, www.vertigotheatre.com
161, 115 – 9 Avenue Se
Calgary, AB, CA
|Posted:||Aug 24, 2023|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|