Brunico Communications Ltd.
Work From Home / Remote, AP
Event Operations Coordinator
Brunico is a highly regarded b2b media company operating a portfolio of renowned publications and events in the global Media & Entertainment sector including Banff World Media Festival, Marketing Awards, Agency of the Year, Kidscreen Summit, Realscreen Summit, and NATPE Global.
The company has successfully transitioned from a trade publisher to a multi-platform media company leveraging its strong entrepreneurial culture. Our portfolio includes several of the most trusted and influential brands in the sector with an unmatched ability to inform and connect our communities. Since 1986, we have cultivated deep industry relationships and combined that with a client-centric approach that has allowed us to grow throughout a period of unprecedented disruption.
We are looking for a skilled Event Operations Coordinator to join our team, planning, managing and effectively executing event operations for Brunico's in-person and virtual conferences and awards shows. Brunico Communications operates permanently on a hybrid in-office and work-from-home schedule, with two days a week in our downtown Toronto office (required) and three days remote.
Event Operations Coordinator responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the point of contact with the event venue and negotiating with onsite vendors
- Maintain the speaker portion of the events database
- Manage the hotel room block, including speaker and staff accommodations
- Setting, tracking, and communicating sponsor deliverables to Sales and Sponsors and maintaining ongoing communication
- Communicating necessary event information to internal departments (accounting, event sales, IT, etc)
- Working with the Content team to post-event agendas, manage program flow and speaker logistics
- Creating workback schedules for the design and production of creative materials, and working with Creative and Marketing teams to ensure the schedule is adhered to
- Proofing event websites and e-blasts
- Building and executing virtual sessions on various platforms
- Coordinating shipping of event materials to and from the office and the event
- Developing staffing schedule for staff and volunteers (where applicable)
- Complete onsite supervision of in-person events from set up to tear down
- Budget management and cost reconciliation Required skills and qualifications:
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Experience and comfort communicating with high-level executives
- Strong negotiation skills
- Outstanding relationship-building skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with varying levels of stakeholders, and the ability to work effectively independently
- Process driven yet have the knowledge of when to be flexible
- Analytical and solutions driven when faced with sudden challenges
- The incumbent must be able to travel to the US and Overseas without restrictions throughout the year, based on event scheduling needs
- Flexibility to work outside of regular business hours when onsite at events
- Working knowledge of virtual event platforms (BigMarker, Zoom, Airmeet) (preferred)
- Intermediate knowledge of Google Workspace
- 3-5 years’ experience in corporate event planning and execution (required)
- 2+ years’ experience building and executing virtual events (preferred)
- University degree or equivalent event and meeting management certificate/diploma (preferred)
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience level
- Health benefits, including dental, vision and mental health, as well as basic life insurance and long-term disability
- Two weeks of paid vacation to start, along with several additional paid bonus days off annually
- Corporate perk and discount programs offering preferred rates on gym memberships, travel, insurance, mobile phone and more
- A downtown Toronto loft-style office located in the heart of the entertainment and fashion district; convenient to a number of public transit routes, within easy walking distance of the Yonge-University subway line and Union Station, ample paid parking nearby, and a huge selection of restaurants within the immediate vicinity.
- Office social events
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter outlining your relevant skills to the attention of the Event Operations Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org .
*We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility our goal is a workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply including persons with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community and other diverse groups. We are proud to be in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. We are happy to honour accommodations at any part of the recruitment process and invite you to let us know how we can help. Please note that only candidates who are legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
|Category:||Admin / HR|
Brunico Communications Ltd.
100 - 366 Adelaide Street West
Work From Home / Remote, AP,
|Tags:||Travel, Communications, Events, Publicity|
|Posted:||Sep 12, 2023|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|