Simon & Schuster Canada
Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)
About the job
Simon & Schuster Canada is looking for a full-time Publicity Assistant. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and collaborative team. We are looking for a highly motivated, creative and confident team player with a passion for books and a desire to become a book publicist. This role is based in Toronto, and the successful candidate will be required to come into the office regularly, with some hybrid work. The role also requires someone available select evenings, weekends and early mornings, for media and event obligations.
- Day-to-day administrative support for the publicity team
- Organizing and executing review mailings
- Supporting publicity staff with media campaigns, event logistics, travel booking, and expenses
- Researching and compiling media lists and clippings
- Creating and writing press materials and pitches
- Pitching press interviews and reviews for select titles and authors
- Responding to calls from media, authors, client publishers and booksellers
- Preparing presentations for internal and external meetings
- Liaising with client publishers on select titles
- Assisting in the awards submission process
- Working closely and collaboratively with sales, marketing, editorial, and authors to maximize awareness of titles
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and handle confidential information with discretion
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Adaptable, resourceful and proactive problem-solver who enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize across multiple projects
- Strong awareness of social media platforms and digital marketing trends
- Strong interest in book publishing, publicity and media relations
- Publishing diploma or equivalent publishing experience is an asset, though not required
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter marked “Publicity Assistant” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Simon & Schuster has been named to Forbes magazine list of “America’s Best Mid-Size Employers 2022.”
Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world’s most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards. It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories.
For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
The annual salary for this position is $0.0 - 0.0
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
|Category:||Publicity / PR|
|Location:||Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)|
|Posted:||Sep 18, 2023|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|