The Application Deadline for this job posting is coming soon. Apply by Sep 30, 2023!
Pattison Media - Victoria, BC
Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)
General Sales Manager
The Victoria Division of Pattison Media has a very rare opening for a passionate Sales Manager with experience building and guiding high performance teams. Our radio stations, 100.3 the Q! and The Zone @ 91-3, dominate in Greater Victoria, and we are looking for a leader to take our team to the next level.
Who YOU are:
We’re looking for an individual who lives by our Pattison values of Integrity, Accountability, Collaboration, Innovation, Quality and Customer Service.
You are a collaborative leader who recognizes opportunities, plans for success and is results oriented. You demonstrate decisiveness under difficult circumstances. As General Sales Manager you would have the ability to lead a team and foster an open and honest environment and accountability.
Our ideal candidate values their team first and foremost. They are skilled at supportive measures such as mentorship and development all the while meticulously managing client relations and fostering strong relationships in the business community. This role is also responsible for setting revenue objectives while implementing initiatives to achieve those targets.
About the Role:
You would report to the Director of Metro Sales and the Vancouver Island General Manager, with the following key responsibilities:
- Lead by example and set the standard of excellence for our Victoria sales team.
- Maximize advertising revenue on radio and digital platforms, while managing key client accounts and senior relationships
- Establish local sales budget/ forecasts in conjunction with Director of Metro Sales and GM.
- Train, motivate and inspire local sales team members to maximize job performance and engagement.
- Identify and develop areas of strength both individually and team-based to strategically gain competitive advantage.
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with programming, traffic, creative, production, promotions, and financial departments.
- Minimum 3 years sales management experience, plus minimum 5 years of related experience in a sales position.
- University degree in relevant field is an asset.
- Highly responsible and reliable with exceptional attention to detail.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of the Broadcasting and Media industry.
- Experience with selling digital media is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to manage a team of high performers.
- Knowledge of CRM platforms is an asset.
- Experience in effectively managing station budgets, inventory, and exceeding revenue goals.
- Competitive mindset with strong analytical, organizational and persuasion skills.
- Highly creative, innovative, enthusiastic, and strategic.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of WideOrbit an asset.
- Excellent prospecting and presentation skills.
If you think you’d be a good match, we’d love to meet you! You can apply online below or send your resume, references, and Pattison Media New Applicant Self ID Form by September 30, 2023, to:
Metro Sales Director
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pattison Media is committed to our social responsibility of equal opportunity employment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age, religion, expression, marital status or other non-job-related criteria. We encourage members of all designated groups to identify themselves using our self-identification form, as doing so will help us correct under-representation of those individuals in our company.
|Location:||Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)|
|Posted:||Sep 18, 2023|
|Closing:||Sep 30, 2023|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|