Windspeaker Media - 88.1 CJWE
Morning Show Host
CJWE, Alberta’s Best Country is on the lookout for our next Morning Show Host / Multi Media Journalist.
This presents an exceptional opportunity to join a station deeply connected to the community and actively involved in all its major events.
You now have the chance to craft captivating, locally relevant, and entertaining content for your audience while establishing your personal brand in one of Canada’s most diverse and vibrant markets. But let’s be clear, this role isn’t for just any radio announcer. It’s a position where your commitment to excellence matters every day, whether you’re in the studio or out in the community.
You’ll serve as a brand ambassador at local events as much as when you’re behind the mic during each break.
- Execute and host a highly topical, fun, and engaging radio show, Weekdays from 6-10am
- Attend public appearances, remotes, charitable and community events, as required
- Represent the station and the Windspeaker Media brand with integrity
- Daily web content/social media updates
- Voice track when required and/or necessary for other Windspeaker Media Radio Stations across Alberta
- Source and write local and regional news stories through established contacts and all other available sources
- Minimum of three stories per day for broadcast and web
- Researching and writing both local, provincial, and national news stories
- Preparing stories for broadcast
- Creating web stories for our websites and social media platforms
- Continuously seeking multimedia storytelling opportunities, while covering events that will enhance our coverage and content across all platforms
- Update and research community events for Public Service/Community Calendar
- Voice commercials as assigned by the Production Department
- Attend meetings as required by management
- Any other duties as assigned by Program Director
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum 2 years of on-air experience
- Be Reliable
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- Knowledge of cultural and current events
- Internet and Social Media Savvy
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- CREATIVE and INNOVATIVE!!!!
- Self-motivated and able to take the appropriate direction
- Wide Orbit, Pro-Tools, Vox Pro and Music master Knowledge is an asset
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and see the big picture.
Qualified candidates will be graduates of a recognized broadcast journalism program and/or have previous experience in a radio station, possess excellent writing and communication skills, must be able to take direction and work well in a team environment.
Please submit your resume and audio to email@example.com
Windspeaker Media - 88.1 CJWE
Suite 103 – 1110 Centre Street N.E
Calgary, AB, CA
|Posted:||Oct 15, 2023|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|