Work From Home / Remote, AP
Supervising Production Accountant
Guru Studio is a creative-driven entertainment company and an industry leader in animated storytelling. For over twenty years, our studio has brought to life some of the most recognizable and beloved children’s properties in the world.
We’re always looking for passionate and committed talent, so come join our dynamic and growing team!
Guru is proud to offer our team members meaningful learning and developmental opportunities! You will work alongside a wide range of talent in a positive and supportive environment where we want to see success in each individual.
We're looking for a talented Supervising Production Accountant - come join our team!
Duties and Responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Directing the production cost reporting functions of the company, ensuring that the estimated costs to complete each production accurately reflect production realities and are regularly updated to reflect any known changes in the production schedule or assumptions, and that the actual costs to date are accurate and complete.
- Directing the production accounting functions of the company including all daily operations, such as production payroll, AP, cast and writer payments, government or guild remittances, intercompany costs, bank reconciliations and cash management, year-end close processes, labour schedule and financial statement production and day to day cash management.
- Improving production accounting and related processes and procedures to drive operational efficiency.
- Providing mentorship and guidance to the production accounting team, and promoting a culture of continuous improvement that values learning, including focusing on increasing the production acumen of the team; working to ensure that production accountants function as full support to the producer, and can understand the underlying sources of variances, and can ensure that delays noted in the production report are accounted for in the cost report, or otherwise planned for using the GANTT chart.
- Tracking corporate costs and pads in productions and working with corporate to ensure overhead costs are paid up on a timely basis, and management is aware of unspent production resources when making decisions on potential additional corporate spends.
- Overseeing projects in development, and with regards to post accounting, on all shows, ensuring that closing ‘binders’ are prepared, all records are clean, clear, filed appropriately and easy to follow, all final documents tie to each other, and year-ends filed on a timely basis to assist in fast collection of tax credits.
- Reviewing bids and assisting with budgeting for new productions, including preparing cash flows and payment schedules as required.
- Enforcing compliance with financial controls to ensure that no payments leave the building unless they are approved, the underlying contract is in place as required, and that they are paid on a timely basis.
- Ensuring ongoing compliance for all production tax credits, and working with People and Culture and Finance to ensure appropriate payroll forms are collected for employees, and other required paperwork for contractors or other vendors.
- Setting-up all new productions, including opening new bank accounts, setting up accounting software, HST filings, etc.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with producers and external partners including external accounting and audit firms, financial institutions, key vendors, etc.
- Responsible for monthly Financial Package including cost reporting and communication with the Client.
- Responsible for creating and updating production cash flows as well as related payment schedules.
- Responsible for coordinating year end closing for the production companies with external accounting and audit firms.
- Minimum of 5 years of combined production and accounting experience.
- Previous experience supervising a Production Accounting team.
- Designated or working towards a professional accounting designation (CPA) preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience in film or TV production and knowledge of tax, union, guild and relevant government regulations.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the production process and experience with budgets and weekly cost reports.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and highly motivated/proactive.
- Knowledge and experience with EP software processing an asset.
- Proficiency with Excel/ Google Sheet is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as analytical skills.
- The ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and manage time effectively; manage work under pressure and manage tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and able to handle multiple requests in order of priority.
Why Join Guru?
- We create a collaborative and creatively fulfilling work environment by promoting courage, purpose, inspiration, integrity, transparency, and empowerment as our core values
- We take great pride in our work and we always ensure it reflects a high standard of quality and creativity
- We encourage individuals to grow with us by offering learning opportunities that encourage skill development and growth
- We are proud to support philanthropic initiatives that support our local and global community through our charity committee Guru Gives
- We offer health and wellness support through an extensive benefits plan and extended mental health services and initiatives
- We allow the flexibility to work remotely while making our downtown studio available for in-person team building and collaboration
Guru is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that celebrates the diversity of its employees. We are dedicated to employment equity and welcome applications from people from all Indigenous groups, races, religions, genders and people with disabilities.
We are committed to providing an accessible candidate experience during our recruitment process and are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where candidates and employees feel valued and respected. Guru strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed in the recruitment process as all other candidates. If you have a disability, you may request to be accommodated at any time. Guru will work with all candidates to accommodate individual accessibility needs to the point of undue hardship.
Guru Studio would like to thank all applicants for your interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Guru Studio is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this is a Remote position
110 Spadina Avenue
Work From Home / Remote, AP,
|Tags:||Film, Video, Online|
|Posted:||Oct 25, 2023|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)