Accessible Media Inc.
North York, ON
Control Room Operator (Contract Part-Time)
Accessible Media Inc. (AMI)’s mission is to entertain, inform and empower Canadians who are blind or partially sighted. Operating three broadcast services, AMI-télé in French, AMI-tv and AMI-audio in English, AMI’s vision is to establish and support a voice for Canadians with disabilities, representing their interests, concerns and values through accessible media, and positive reflection and portrayal.
AMI is currently looking for a part-time Control Room Operator to work on-site at our 1090 Don Mills Rd. location. The Control Room Operator will support the Operations department in the technical execution of AMI’s television programming by rotating through the essential Control Room roles to ensure on-air continuity and quality.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Technical Director/Switcher - Maintain broadcast level standards of incoming and out-going video sources by ensuring all equipment is ready for broadcast, acting as a first point of contact for technical trouble shooting and ensuring the proper routing of video signals for broadcast.
- Audio - Maintain broadcast level standards of incoming and outgoing audio sources by ensuring proper audio source signal routing.
- Graphics Playback – Assemble all graphical material that will appear on screen.
- Video Playback – Ensure playback and record is working properly prior to broadcast, recall and play video/audio clips and ensure that there are recordings of all content that is produced from the control room with correct audio levels.
- Camera/Lighting – Ensure that the studio lighting is operating prior to each show, set up and connect required cameras and move them into position, line up camera video with help from the switcher, white balance cameras, set camera shots.
- Editing/Packaging - Package weekly best-of shows using industry standard editing software from pre recorded material
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
- Diploma in Broadcasting- Television/Media Production or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years in a similar production environment. Experience working in a live production environment an asset
- Strong knowledge of switchers, graphics, video playback, routing systems, audio consoles, and related studio software is essential. Experience with Ross Video Systems and automation systems are an asset. Experience and knowledge with disability/accessibility is an asset
- Strong knowledge of editing and related software is essential
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, schedule priorities, and meet deadlines
Accessible Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process, please let us know.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accessible Media Inc.
1090 Don Mills Road, Suite 200
North York, ON, CA
|Posted:||Nov 06, 2023|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)