Boat Rocker Media (BRM)
Content Assistant Kids & Family
Boat Rocker Media is an independent, integrated global entertainment company that creates, produces, and distributes premium scripted, unscripted, live action and animated kids and family content for all platforms, manages top global talent, and develops and monetizes brands and intellectual property. We have a strong creative and business culture that fights for ideas, supports storytellers, and has a track record of ensuring big ideas get distributed to the world.
The Company was founded in 2003 and has 850+ global employees across 7 major cities including: Toronto (Headquarters), New York, Los Angeles, Ottawa, Halifax, London, and Hong Kong. Boat Rocker Media has approximately 40 shows greenlit or in-production and a distribution library of 9,000+ half hours for leading global customers such as Netflix, HBO, BBC, NBC, ABC, Hulu, Amazon, Apple, Disney, Showtime, Discovery, CTV, Global and CBC. Boat Rocker Studios-produced series?have?won a variety of prestigious industry accolades including, Emmy, GLAAD, Peabody, BAFTA, and Canadian Screen Awards. Some of our kids & family series include Dino Ranch, A Tale Dark & Grimm, The Next Step, Daniel Spellbound and Amber Brown.
The Content Assistant, Kids and Family will lend administrative support to three individuals, Vice President, Content in Toronto, Vice President, Content in Los Angeles and Senior Director, Current Series, Toronto. The position will be Toronto based working in Eastern Standard time. The Assistant is responsible for a high volume of heavy calendar management and general administrative support.
- Be an essential team member contributing to all areas of our growing development slate of scripted Animation and Live Action series from Preschool to Teen and Primetime Animation
- Provide administrative support to Vice Presidents of Content and Senior Director of Current Series across development and production activities, including; compiling notes, researching key talent, booking pitch meetings, tracking, and scheduling.
- Scheduling and calendar management
- Scheduling for Trade Markets
- Provide development and production meeting support, including scheduling, materials preparation and lunch orders
- Manage and track submissions including book properties, provide coverage to team
- Assist with markets, including schedules/travel, materials, preparing pitches, and presentations
- Track weekly development agenda for team – ensuring everyone is aware of upcoming deadlines and anything that needs attention
- Create presentations for various stakeholders
- Maintain digital files and be the lead in disseminating information across the Boat Rocker Studios team members
- 2+ years of administrative experience preferably within a production environment
- Good phone manner
- Scheduling ability for meetings and pitches
- Proficient in deck making with Keynote or power point.
- Must be reliable, efficient, and good with deadlines and time management.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be resourceful when doing research
Why Boat Rocker?
- You’ll work with a team of experienced, creative and fun individuals who have a passion for storytelling
- Competitive salary along with a comprehensive healthcare and dental benefits package, including access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Support for your career progression through opportunities for learning and development, including access to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) learning via our DEI partner, The Canadian Centre for Diversity & Inclusion
- Additional time off during the winter holidays
- In-person/remote hybrid work environment
- Opportunities to connect with teammates across the company both virtually and in-person through team-building events and activities
Boat Rocker is committed to hiring and supporting diverse candidates. We strongly encourage applications from people who identify as being part of an under-represented and equity-deserving group. This would include people who identify as racialized, Black, Indigenous, women, LGBTQ2SI+, and having a disability among others. We also recognize the importance of intersectional identities in our hiring and retention.
Please send resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Category:||Admin / HR|
Boat Rocker Media (BRM)
310 King St E
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Nov 10, 2023|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|