Rogers Sports and Media
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Are you ready to take your career to new heights and be a part of a dynamic team at Rogers Sports & Media? We believe in creativity, innovation, and collaboration in everything we do, and we are looking for people who share this mindset to join us. With a monthly reach of 30 million Canadians, you can help shape the future of sports, news, e-commerce, and entertainment. At Rogers, we value diversity and inclusivity and believe that every voice matters. Join us today and be a part of a team that is redefining the future of media.
We’re looking for a Producer who can work with community members and volunteers to create outstanding local content in the Sault Ste. Marie region and get excited about their community channel, Rogers tv. The actual work location for this role is 23 Manitou Dr. Sault St. Marie, ON.
What you will do:
- Produce video content as assigned, ensuring its local relevance and high production quality.
- See the production through from concept to completion, sometimes with a very minimal crew to assist.
- Participate in live coverage of the OHL’s Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds’ home games.
- Edit, export and deliver productions to master control and enter information into the traffic system.
- Train and coach volunteers, community groups and hosts to produce local programming.
- Establish and nurture contacts within the community to engage them in the development of relevant, timely local programming.
- Reach out to the area’s content creators, cultivating meaningful connections that lead to an increase in relevant local programming for the channel.
- Produce compelling promos for each production and provide the necessary information for the promotion of these programs on digital platforms.
- Develop and maintain full knowledge of the available production equipment, participating in training sessions as new equipment is introduced.
- Take a collaborative approach, cultivating positive working relationships with internal and external customers and colleagues.
What you will bring:
- A team player attitude as someone who builds relationships with colleagues and engages the local community
- A creative, nimble and decisive approach with the ability to tackle multiple projects and to deliver on deadline.
- An interest in fostering a greater diversity of voices at the local level.
- High motivation with excellent interpersonal, public relations, training and media skills.
- The technical knowledge needed to provide support for productions (including Mobiles) and troubleshoot equipment issues as required.
- A solid understanding and the ability to use digital media tools and technologies, and the editorial savvy to create timely, engaging content.
- Ability to recruit, train and lead a diverse team of volunteers.
- Bold, strategic and creative thinking.
- The initiative of a self-starter who works well with minimal direction.
- An understanding of community television and the production process
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits including access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
- Flexibility to work from home even after the pandemic ends
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 642 Great Northern Road (154), Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Editorial
Requisition ID: 293035
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON, CA
Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
- Health & well-being benefits
- Donation matching
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
- Generous employee discounts
- Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*Available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply
Job Segment: PR, Work from Home, Equity, Marketing, Contract, Finance
Rogers Sports and Media
642 Great Northern Rd #154
Sault Ste. Marie, ON, CA
|Dec 29, 2023
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)