Job Title: Receptionist
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Reports to: Campus Director
About the Company:
Trebas Institute, established in 1979, is a private vocational school with campuses in Montreal and Toronto and offering a broad range of programs in audio, film and television, business and technology as well as music, event and entertainment management. Our mission is to provide high-quality and accessible education and support services to maximize our students’ success and learning experience. We strive to achieve this mission through a commitment to excellence, innovation, interdisciplinary collaboration, as well as inclusiveness and diversity. Trebas Institute is a member of the Global University Systems Canada network of higher education institutions.
Fleming College, Toronto is a public college-private partnership between Fleming College Canada (FC) and Trebas), with academic delivery and student support services managed by Trebas.
Trebas Institute is seeking a suitably qualified individual to fill a vacancy for a Receptionist at our Toronto Campus. The role provides wide variety of administrative support and coordinate all incoming queries to the appropriate department while ensuring a high level of service delivery. The ideal candidate should be highly organized, detail- oriented, and has excellent interpersonal skills.
This position will be expected to work on-campus 5 days per week, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
- Meet and greet students at the reception area and provide guidance and advice in an efficient manner.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor with all students, visitors, employees, management team at all times and maintain a pleasant office environment.
- Answer and direct calls and emails to the appropriate department with an aim to continuously improve the level of services provided.
- Assist in the planning and execution of student engagement activities, orientation, and student graduation.
- Communicate with students’ important information and ongoing updates via phone call, text messages, email, and other communication tools.
- Manage student physical and digital records as per Trebas policies and practices.
- Follow-up with students that are absent from class via phone and/or email
- Opening/closing the campus as required based on shift timing
- Utilize the best communication tools and strategies for interacting with students
- Support students with gaining access to the student portal.
- Provide a broad range of clerical and administrative support to various Departments
- Assist with various administrative duties as needed including, but not limited to, filing, printing, photocopying, organizing student/office files, and other duties
- Recommend items for purchase, receive, store, and keep track of the office supplies to ensure that basic office requirements are available
- Liaison with building management, janitorial company, and security guard as deemed necessary
- Manage lab and classroom bookings
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- College diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of two (2) years reception/administrative experience is preferred
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent telephone manner providing an exceptional customer experience with every interaction
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and efficient time management
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Superb attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines; good record keeping and filing skills
- Proven ability to take initiative and work well independently
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,) and the Internet
Please note – the Company will conduct a criminal background check upon hire.
Trebas Institute is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.
Trebas Institute is committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
|Admin / HR
543 Yonge St., Suite 300
Toronto, ON, CA
|Jan 01, 2024
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)