Vista Radio Ltd.
Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)
Director of News and Digital ContentFeatured
Alberta, Canada * British Columbia, Canada * Northwest Territories, Canada * Ontario, Canada * Virtual
Vista Radio prides itself on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to its community involvement. We are privileged to operate in 49 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 70+ transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories. We are also connected to our communities with 37 community websites.
At Vista Radio, we're not just in the media business; we're in the business of connecting with our local communities through exceptional content, both on audio and digital platforms.
With over 250 employees, across 49 radio stations, 37 community websites and an ever-expanding digital footprint in Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia and the Northwest Territories – the Vista team is passionate and committed to the communities we serve. It’s the cornerstone of our success and the reason why we can continue to grow.
Director of News and Digital Content
We are excited to introduce a distinctive opportunity at Vista through an exciting new role. As the Director of News and Digital Content, this key leadership position will be instrumental in shaping the company’s narrative across all platforms, setting the standard for journalistic excellence and digital content innovation.
As Director, you will lead a talented team of journalists to deliver compelling, relevant, and timely news content across all platforms. You are dedicated to understanding and addressing what matters most to our communities, through dynamic local journalism, recognizing its profound impact on our daily lives.
You will play a crucial role in shaping Vista's digital content strategy as a key member of our digital leadership team. Leveraging your deep understanding of digital media trends, proven track record in content strategy, and ability to drive engagement across digital platforms, you will serve as the strategic leader overseeing all digital content initiatives.
Location: Hybrid or Remote
While it is our aspiration that all Vista staff live and work in the communities we serve, we recognize the unique demands of this role. Qualified candidates are urged to apply as every application will be carefully considered.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, define and set the course for the company’s success in reaching its multi-platform News and digital content objectives
- Manage all News personnel and allocate resources effectively – this includes but is not limited to managing the department budget, hiring decisions, establishing performance goals and guidelines, and overseeing the evaluation and performance review process across the News organization
- Support, guide, engage and motivate News teams to generate and develop relevant and impactful content for local audiences
- Work with local management teams in the effective use of resources and synergies in managing News operations
- Ensure the work of News Directors and Reporters aligns with the editorial vision, and compliance with Canadian journalistic ethics, standards and practices
- Promote a digital newsroom culture with News staff; one that embraces industry trends and technological advancements in news programming and delivery, as well as strategies to increase audience engagement and metrics
- Provide subject matter expertise and thought leadership to Vista content teams for social media, digital content creation, and engagement strategies to improve competitive market position
- Collaborate with Digital Operations to identify opportunities for innovation and enhance the commercial potential and monetization of content across Vista's digital landscape
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive journalism experience, including at least 5 years of team management experience - planning, organizing, directing and scheduling
- Superior knowledge of journalistic processes, newsgathering methods as well as production of stories and content for radio and digital platforms
- Experience in developing and implementing content across conventional and digital platforms, and a progressive view of the use of technology in news and content gathering
- A deep understanding of digital audience behavior including experience using tracking, analytics, and content management systems
- Superior editorial judgment and thorough understanding of Canadian journalistic ethics, standards and practices
- An agile and creative mind, with the ability to develop innovative solutions, workflows and create new processes
- Results driven and adept at inspiring others to work towards goals, while also encouraging a healthy work life balance
- A natural inclination to interact with a wide variety of people using diplomacy, tact and discretion
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
Apply online at careers.vistaradio.ca
At Vista Radio Ltd, we are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to developing and supporting a diverse and inclusive environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity, respect and one which reflects the diversity of the various communities in which we operate. Accommodations are available for all employees and applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please advise when submitting your application.
|Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)
|Jan 04, 2024
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)