Global News Edmonton - Corus
Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)
News Director/Station Manager – Global News Edmonton
Division: Global News Edmonton
Work Status: Full time
Location: Edmonton, AB (Onsite)
Global News Edmonton has an exciting leadership opportunity and is looking for an engaging leader to become their next News Director/Station Manager. Reporting to the VP of Local News, the News Director/Station Manager will be responsible for all station operations, managing the Edmonton newsroom and ensuring adherence to the Journalistic Principles and Practices requirements. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in sharing the editorial direction and ensuring the delivery of high-quality News content that resonates with our audience.
You will contribute by:
- Overseeing all station operations, community engagement and employee engagement for Global Edmonton.
- Setting the editorial direction for Global Edmonton.
- Adherence to the Journalistic Principles and Practices, applicable codes of conduct and legal requirements for Global Edmonton.
- Developing and fostering a culture that serves each of the platforms (Television, Radio, digital and OTT), ensuring strong local News coverage, community reflection and content.
- Developing relationships with community leaders and consumers of the on-air/online product to ensure that Global News is representative of its local community.
- Leading and driving achievement of a high-performance culture.
- Talent retention and development.
- Achievement of financial targets.
- With the senior leadership team for Global News, setting the strategic direction of the station.
- Working with Sales leaders to develop and implement sales opportunities for Global Edmonton, ensuring that all sales integrations align with our Journalistic Principles and Practices.
- Developing and rolling out plans to ensure the achievement of operating plans.
- Managing change with effective communication, planning, and engagement with teams.
- Developing Corus Values with teams, reinforce their importance and personally demonstrate those values.
- Continually looking for new opportunities and more efficient/effective ways to accomplish goals/targets.
- Staying up to date and embracing technological change to ensure Global Edmonton remains a market leader on all platforms.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Skills and experience you will bring:
- Post-secondary education in journalism, communications, or relevant professional experience.
- At least 10 years of large market newsroom experience at a senior management level.
- Experienced News Leader that has collaborated with large teams.
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to inspire and lead a diverse team.
- Strong, driven communicator with a passion for News.
- A proven history of mentoring and developing talent.
- Ability to lead and coach News Managers, Managing Editors and Executive Producers to ensure strategic direction is understood.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the industry.
- Demonstrated ability to make strategic decisions in a fast-paced and evolving media landscape.
- An amazing attitude that will engage and motivate teams by living into the Corus values to Win Together, make it Happen, Learn Every Day, Think Beyond and Show We Care.
To apply for this job please visit can232.dayforcehcm.com
|Work From Home / Remote (All Provinces)
|Feb 02, 2024
|Mar 06, 2024
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)